Thursday, January 15, 2009

Should I let this one slide...I can't decide

Has anybody heard of imitation mozzarella cheese? I've heard of almond and soy cheese but not imitation cheese. There's a chance I live in a great big bubble & this fake cheese is like the hottest thing ever but probably not so much. Anyway I really needed mozzarella cheese for my new eggplant parmesan recipe so I sent the resident errand boy to get some. He got back just in time to rip the bag open and sprinkle on top. Well when the timer went off and I took dinner out of the oven the cheese had somehow forgot to melt. "What's wrong with this cheese", I thought. I went over picked up the package to inspect and that's when I noticed it was a fake. I'm sure husband had no idea what he was buying and probably he didn't buy it because it was the cheapest, nooo not my man. Or would he? I'd like to think the best but a line has to be drawn somewhere. I was thinking I can not with a clear conscience let this one slide. If he wanted to play the imitation cheese game than he better watch out.  
Ever heard of imitation best chef or imitation best housewife game? Oh nuts I've already won that game (not a good game to win). I guess we're even now and I will just move on and not be bitter that my husband is cheap. Come to think of it, his score is way higher than mine because we all know he loves the culinary arts and will often make something he has seen on a cooking channel.  Oh maybe we all don't know that about him so I better post a picture that proves he is a man.
Photobucket
Speaking of this man, we fell in love and we were engaged this time of the year.  He pretty much asked me to marry him on New Years after he came with our family snowmobiling in Jackson Hole @ Christmas.  I think we even rolled his Jeep into a big wall of snow on that trip.  In which he was too embarrassed to call my Dad so we had to hike to the nearest cabin in a sub-zero climate where we had to request a big truck and chains to get us out.  I still married him after all that & if the truth be known he could probably bring me imitation cheese every night and even though it wouldn't melt, my heart would make up the difference (are you thinking imitation "cheesy" by now).  In honor of husband & this time of year, I went all out and created a faux snowstorm in our home since he loves it so much.  It's made me think that there must be something to this white stuff after all.
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket
Luv Wife XOXO

10 comments:

Stacey Crewse said...

You are such a cutie! What a lucky husband you have! And my dear.... you should be a writer, YOU are AMAZING! I love reading all your stories... you bring them to life with your well written accounts! Nice and cheesy!

Jami said...

love your white arrangement! And you are so smok'in hot!

McMemories said...

I love your posts, you are so cute and funny!

I think about you all the time and say to myself if she can do it with twins AND triplets I can do it with a 3yr old and twins:) you are an example to me!!
I don't have a gate, I just set up barricades with blankets and chairs...yes my house looks like a boys play fort:)

Debbie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Debbie said...

Now that was one "cheesy" post. haha

Aimee's Family Journal said...

K! totally cute post! Waylon is a lucky man. And I know how much things can mean, even if it's not perfect, juts because they tried. What a stud!! PS. No luck with me and digital photos. I am sorry, I am not a collage person. You can do collageses easily on scrapblog.com. And crop a bunch of photos for one page?

Whitney said...

okay Im loving your curtains in your front room. The imitation cheese... wow. I think you are being too kind.

Courtney Vance said...

I love cheese. I bet he just over looked the fact that it was imitation cheese. Speaking of gates, I love the fact that I had a great of putting a gate up at your house when we were down there to corral the kiddos, like that was a new concept! Ha! You are the busiest person I know and that is after watching you for an hour. Yet your kids are happy healthy and beautiful and so are you. You are awesome

Cheryl said...

Years ago I bought a big bag of cheese that wouldn't melt. It was very frustrating. I think you and Waylen are very luckey to have each other. You are such a sweet wife and his is a great husband. I see him shopping at Bashes quite often. What a helpful husband!

Annie said...

That was a fun post. Very cute.