Thursday, June 10, 2010

boys room inspiration

Photobucket
Photobucket


Ever heard of the saying "A sister from another mister"?

Well I'm thinking my husband wishes he could make up a saying that went more like "A thrifter with another mister"...ha! Bless his little heart, he really does try to be patient with all of my projects and items of business but I know he would prefer I halt all of my collecting ways.

To my defense I haven't been thrifting very much lately but I do have quite the stockpile. Since the girls room is pretty much complete I am starting to put more energy into decorating the boys room. So today I pulled all of the above items from the "stockpile". I still do not know how I am going to pull everything together but I think I have a few things to work with. I especially love that vintage striped lamp and that vintage eagle trim...oh wait and the antique art deco containers. All of a sudden I want to go thrifting....for the love of treasure hunting.

Anyway the below images from Rifle Paper Co. are really inspiring me with the boys room. Love those colors.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

{The above images found via The Neo Traditionalist}

14 comments:

The Huntress said...

Love that blue fabric on the right, I wanted to use in my house :)

Christi Bennett @ pisforparty said...

love the fabric!

nest of posies said...

your collection is as always amazing.
i cannot wait to see both the girls' & the boys' rooms.

i've been cut off from thrifting by the husband. i made a deal with him that i wouldn't go until the big 5 state yard sale. but that's still 2 months away. i hope i can make it until then.

angela | the painted house said...

I likey!

I know where you could do some shopping this weekend! it is so hard to man our booth when my wandering eye spies so many treasures in other booths...

Dayka Robinson said...

i LOVE everything, especially the lamp. what a great find!

Aimee's Family Journal said...

I love blues and oranges and browns for boys rooms Christina. I am so excited to the the finished project too!

Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

I love all the colors, great theme Christina, will you do it?

Mande said...

In LOVE with that lamp.... Love the thrill of the hunt thrift shopping. Going this morning. Cannot wait!!

Unknown said...

such an inspiring palette for your boys' bedroom — so grown-up and timeless! i can't wait to see how it turns out. thanks so much for your congratulations the other day — i had an awesome first day and i tell you jonathan is even more fabulous in person! thank you, thank you, and have a lovely weekend!

christy said...

Love the inspiration. Can't wait to se ethe reveal fro both rooms, hope you post them!

PS. If you need a thrifting partner, I am always ready & willing.

LindsB said...

what fun things do you have in your stockpile? I hope we see some of them soon, I bet you have amazing stuff!

Laura said...

You are going to something amazing, no doubt about it! Can't wait to see it!

Dubai said...

Thanks for the images. Its really interesting to see.
Images| Super Bowl Commercials 2012|

KaKa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.