Tuesday, October 26, 2010

{patience and a collection}

Photobucket

The other night my time of being awake was quickly coming to a close as I placed one of my more recent collections onto the white linen. It was late and I was tired but really wanted to see what the end result could come to look like but alas I would just have to be more patient. The discovery of being short a few bow ties and not being able to make them lay straight sent my mind into a whirl of thoughts as I laid my head to rest. Again I thought about Him, the greatest gift given to all of us and the fact that He is the only perfect one. Whereas, just like in life I am usually "short a few bow ties" and the ones that I do have are not perfect. Really these thoughts were nothing new but just angled a little differently to serve as a reminder to keep at it with the end result in mind because sometimes it is so easy to become distracted and discouraged. I take great comfort in the fact that amidst so many changes in life that He will always remain the same. I also can attest to the fact that He has already made up some of the differences in my life and I dare say that I will never look at my bow tie collection quite the same. In fact I am half tempted to leave them looking a little imperfect just to serve as a reminder of all of the above thoughts.

Now about that whole enduring to the end and being patient thing...

P.S. - Have I ever mentioned how incredibly inspired I am by menswear? Really some of my favorite departments in shops are the ones that have ties, suits, fine leather goods and crisp button up shirts. I am having sensory overload right now as I type. In fact menswear is the inspiration for my boys' room....hence the quirky vintage framed bow ties.

16 comments:

Jenny at LGN said...

Love this post, love the bow ties, love you girl!

Guess who's coming to AZ in T-minus 19 days?

Lynda @ Happenstance Home said...

Such a original and adorable idea! Love all the color and interest.

Jen said...

I LOVE your bowtie collection. i like that it isn't full and is crooked. they are perfectly imperfect and that it means more than just artwork is something great!

angela hardison said...

what a great collection - i love the idea of leaving it imperfect like that.

and beautiful thoughts, too.

Unknown said...

I'm obsessed! What a cool idea for a collection.

Beth Jacquin said...

Thank you for this everyday reminder of His grace. I say leave the bow ties as they are.

nest of posies said...

absolutely fantastic! what an incredible idea! christina, i just am constantly amazed everytime i pop over here. your writing & your ideas leave me speechless.

xo

Liza said...

Hey! You have to check out my last post--it's the best news ever! I knew you'd be excited for us!

Maria Johns said...

love this and all the spiritual thoughts tied in!

vmichelle said...

The framed bow ties are AWESOME. And the fact that it's uniquely yours makes it even better.

Laura said...

I love your collection!!! And I love your thought process even more! I would love to be able to have ah-ha moments like that by myself. Thanks for passing along your ah-ha moments. I needed that one! :-)

Liza said...

Liza likes this (thumbs up)

Liza said...

Of course we are friends! So what if we've never met! You have been a real encouragement to me. And thanks for sharing in our joy! I knew you would be excited!

Helen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Helen said...

Your blog is not only fun to read as you write about your lovely family and some fabulous decorating but such an encouragement as you share the joy of being a Mum and also the craziness that comes with it and I am most of all encouraged that you rely on and recognize the One who makes it all possible! Thanks for writing such a great blog! I love to come and read about what is happening on the other side of the world!

Kiran said...

Patience happens to be my focus at the moment. I fall short every day and often think of Him as well.

I love menswear as well. I often look to these sites...

http://www.gentryman.com/
http://00o00.blogspot.com/
http://manofcloth.blogspot.com/
http://groomingguru.co.uk/

xx
KC