Tuesday, October 19, 2010

art and composition

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

It all started out because I loved the above print by Gerhard Richter’s “1025 Farben”. I loved how it added color to the black-walled combination library and home office . Raja Radhakrishnan is the woman who designed the above space and she had no formal interior design training but relied upon her own innate sense of aesthetics and composition. I can tell that she has a love of art and design because she has some fabulous pieces of art hanging around her space. On her site I even noticed a pair of Eduardo Chilida pieces.

Photobucket

Above space designed by Raji Radhakrishnan out of Washington D.C.

{images via Metropolitan Home}

Photobucket

The above art reminds me of the new Kate Spade store in London. Packed full of colors.


Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

Samantha said...

Very cool examples. I feel like I want some good art now.

Danielle Sigwalt Interiors said...

I just adore the first image...it's like having the full color palette on your wall. So cheerfully chic!!!