Tuesday, December 7, 2010

marble-ization to meringue

Photobucket
I keep noticing this whole marble-ized movement thing lately. Actually it has been around for a very long time and in fact when I went to open my green hymn book @ church there it was again on the inside of the covers...marble-ization.

Anyway last night Miguel Flores-Vianna had a tag sale that included the above plates, which then lead me to think about Kelly Wearster for SFERRA because she designed the below pillow...see they're both all marble-y. Which P.S., if you like Kelly Wearstler for SFERRA I suggest checking out Neiman Marcus Last Call because the one here locally just got a nice shipment of really pretty items.

Photobucket

Where was I...oh yes back to marble-ization and those plates and Miguel. After I checked out the sale I then clicked on the link to Miguel's website and observed his photography in action. Remember the below spread from Domino...well he photographed it & to be quite honest it makes me want to eat meringue while thinking about marble stuff.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

7 comments:

susieq said...

I love anything marbleized! Beautiful.

Stephanie Sabbe said...

I love every image in that spread! thanks for sharing

Unknown said...

How do I get information on the Deer head print that says you can make this?

Rebecca Gibbs said...

haha...you're too cute...eating meringue while thinking of marblized stuff! Sounds lovely...I think I'll join you!

Samantha said...

I do remember that spread, particularly the DIYable deer.

Marbleized things lead me toward taffy more than meringues.

Laura said...

Holy Hannah I want to have a white Christmas party!

Mimi said...

This was the inspiration I had to make my deer head painting. So cute, thanks for sharing!