Wednesday, June 17, 2009

On the eve of triplet day.

To think that the intitial tears I shed were not tears of joy after I found out I was having triplets is beyond me.  Turns out they have been one of the biggest blessings I have ever received.  That is why I will be soooooo busy baking cupcakes to get ready for the big party.  My heart is soft as butter and ready to melt @ a moments notice when I am around my little "Misters".  Speaking of misters....they are going off in my eyes right now because they are a little moist as I am feeling all tender & stuff.  I simply can not get enough of these little boys.  Our little "Mister Man" party we will be having is kind of a joke because I really don't want them get any older.  

Dear my three sons:



Someday you little boys will be all grown up but don't ever forget how much your Momma treasures your every existence.  You have brought the udder most joy to my life.  

Kisses....Mom

I get a kick out of the above picture because despite the look on my face in that picture I really was happy to have you little tikes.  Funny thing though I had just received a phone call 30 minutes earlier saying that my scheduled c-section was to be prolonged 10 more hours and possibly a whole other day.  You don't tell a woman over 35 weeks gestation with 3 babies in her belly that she is going to have to wait one more minute.  All of ya'll babies were worth the wait.  Just look....

Heaven on Earth!

11 comments:

Laura said...

Happy birthday to the little misters! Your baby photo is darling!!

onehm said...

PERFECTION! Those three boys are the sweetest!!! :)

LOVE the ties!

Tiffany said...

So sweet, such a tender post. I have to admit I shed a few tears on Monday :( Just something about turning two that screams, "I'm not a baby anymore, I'm going to start talking back and pushing away your kisses." Happy birthday to those baby boys! 2 years ago when I called you from my hospital room I was so nervous for you! I didn't know how you were going to handle it... but now I see that you have handled it with grace and with a measure of sanity that is trophy-worthy! Great job Mama, you are an inspiration...

Courtney Vance said...

Oh how sweet. I remember that day. I tried to get you to push it back another day til my birthday but you weren't having that. Don't worry sis, I understand. Can't believe my little bruiser babes are already 2. They're growing up fast! I love you mama, you truely are my hero!!!

Suz said...

I'm crying. But through my tears I'm laughing! That picture of you speaks a thousand words... HOLY MOLY... your tiny arms and huge belly don't exactly match up! And the priceless look on your face would have been enough for me to NEVER call and tell you that you were waiting another 10 hours. A true friend would never do that! You are my hero-ine... I sure love that you find joy in your little ones. Enjoy those cupcakes.

paula said...

so sweet, happy birthday to them!

Busy Bee Lauren said...

Happy Birthday little guys!!

Emily said...

I love your posts, you are so cute! Hope you have a wonderful time celebrating their birthday!

Marketing Unscrambled, Home edition said...

Wonderful, great photos. Have a very busy happy day. With all your little ones. Enjoy the time that you have with them. They grow so fast. Enjoy.
Dan and Deanna "Marketing Unscrambled"

Aimee's Family Journal said...

I laugh a little when I see that pregger picture of you. Because there never was a time that I saw you, where you looked miserable. I think it is natural to be afraid at the beginning of any pregnancy, let alone a unanticipated triplet pregnancy. I just love you Christina.

sherry said...

They are adorable little men. I loved the mister man party. What a great idea! I am sure they know just hw much you love them. ANd I loved your Father's day pics with Ashley. Perfect.(Even though I realize we are not trying to achieve such a thing;)