Wednesday, June 10, 2009

note to self...

First off I would like to apologize in advance to my kids for taking you to the doctor to get poked with a needle today. I really can't hardly stand watching. I will let you have those big suckers on the loopy sticks for sure.

Secondly, I can't get this image out of my mind. How easy would it be to recreate this vision, especially the garland.

Take colored round paper doilies and fold in half over ribbon or twine. Perhaps a red, white and blue one for the Fourth of July. Hmmm......

{Image found here}

Speaking of garland/banners, check out this beautiful burlap banner my blogging friend Grace sells in her Etsy store. I bought her cute chalk chalkboard labels that I will be using in my laundry room re-do.


{picture from The Lettered Cottage}

11 comments:

Shannon said...

And again, this is why I love visiting your blog!

Thank you!
Ok, kids are into the drawers. bye

Courtney Vance said...

That is such a good idea and easy to re-create.

~Grace Happens~ said...

fun! I sell a burlap version in my shop. I love it!!

Busy Bee Lauren said...

Oh my goodness...so inspiring! saving away in my inspiration folder...

Whitney said...

So cute! I hate doctors appointments where needles are involved. So sad. I cried when presley go hers.

Sa-Sea said...

YES PLEASE!!! I WILL TAKE ALL OF THOSE! I HAVE ALL OF GRACE'S GOODIES...AND AM FOR SURE MAKING THAT OTHER GARLAND! I FEEL A FIESTA COMING ON!

☂niki. said...

i am totally into burlap right now! love the banner.

Marketing Unscrambled, Home edition said...

What very cute ideas. So glad that we found your blog. Enjoy reading it and all the good ideas. Simple and easy as well.
Dan and Deanna "Marketing Unscrambled"

onehm said...

DARLING! Love your inspiration!
It was so fun to see you guys today. Sorry I got my wires crossed, I'm so glad that you tracked me down!!!
I posted a shot of your littles here:
http://hopeandbelieve.blogspot.com/2009/06/327-twins-triplets.html

~Grace Happens~ said...

wow you are awesome! thanks so much for the shout outs!!! i hope you enjoy your tags:) have a wonderful weekend!

Supercool Hotmama said...

So cute! I just came from Onehm's where she posted her darling version of this! Love it!