Sunday, June 28, 2009

When the man is away, the girls come out to play.

This photo can represent 2 different scenarios...EITHER........


a) My husband may as well be doing this to me.  You know pushing me over the edge.  Arrest me now because I think I've gone over the legal limit of insanity.

OR

b) My husband is the force behind what makes us move ahead & is missed terribly while he is gone.

c) all of the above.

We've made it through the weekend.

HIGHLIGHTS:

CHICK FOOD
Didn't worry about what husband thought about what food was being served. Pls. observe the tofu/quinoa wrap loaded with stir fried broccoli & yellow squash all wrapped up with fresh spinach, tomatoes & avocado. YUM!




GIRLS MOVIE NIGHT
A few old school movies for all of the big girls in the house. Does anybody remember The Last Unicorn? I kind of felt old because I did. Movies sure have come a long way.




SLEEP OVER IN MY BED
Lot's of kids to fill the empty space in my bed.
2 four year olds= 1 full size dad




MORE TIME FOR GIRL STUFF
The girls love their painted nails. I love fast dry polish.


    

Oh and let's not forget the 10 loads of laundry this weekend that has positioned me well to do a few more loads of really stinky man clothes. We missed the big head honcho.

Thank goodness for parents to help relieve some of my insaneness problems. 

11 comments:

Laura said...

Love your photos - your blog is awesome. I haven't seen Pippi Longstocking forever!

Marketing Unscrambled, Home edition said...

What a lot of fun doing girl stuff. Enjoy ! Enjoy ! Enjoy! Painting nails and all. What great movies to watch.
Dan and Deanna "Marketing Unscrambled"
PS. our friends blog is now working. It was done for a few days. If you want to see it here it is again:
http://imperfectaction.com/blog/
By Giovanna Garcia

JECKBECK (Erin) said...

Looks like you are faring pretty well on your own! I loved The Last Unicorn as a kid. Good luck...hope the time passes quickly.

Rooster said...

You're a gem for allowing Way-way this fun trip to Alaska. I know you are probably so ready for a little relief though. Fun that you were able to do some cute girl stuff with the M's. So have the Trips been behaving? :) Those little raskals!

Rooster said...

P.S. Of course I remember The Last Unicorn...that was a favorite classic for us growing up. Speaking of movies we used to watch and love, have you watched Goonies recently? It's so much stupider now than I remembered it back then. Plus, I know I didn't catch on to all the crude humor in it back then either. Isn't that funny how it's a totally different movie than I remembered?

P.S.S. I really like the pic of little M on the bed laughing. Very cute.

Rooster said...

Opps, apparently I was logged on as Rooster...you know who I am sissy.

curlytop said...

Hi darlin!

Hi! I found your blog through Party Perfect's blog and just wanted to introduce myself before commenting because my mother instilled a very strict attention to proper etiquitte at a very young age. I’m Emily. :D

Now that I’ve satisfied my inner Emily Post I just have to say ,"I think you may have possibly given birth to five of the most adorable children ever to grace this green earth." I will definately be reading your posts religiosly in order to get my daily dose of cuteness.

Have a wonderful Wednesday!

With Love,

Emily

Debbie said...

That picture of little M on the bed is so adorable. But what...no picture of Mr. C throwing his spaghetti dinner all over the floor!!! I think that gives more of the reality of life...but then again I guess it is good to stick with reflecting on the fun stuff!! You're a real trooper especially right now when you are the one that is pushing the car all by yourself! And boy what a heavy car it can be sometimes!! Our hats are off to you!

Briana Ward said...

Hang in there, it is hard when the hub's are gone. I am loosing my marbles and I only have 3 kids none of them the same age. You are amazing!!! p.s. can't wait to see the projects.

sherry said...

Loved both of those movies growing up. Watched them over and over...

Christi Bennett @ pisforparty said...

OMG! I saw "The Last Unicorn" at Target a few months ago and snatched it up. It brought back so many memories! I haven't watched it yet, but I vividly remember the skelton drinking wine (I think) and the bulls (maybe a different animal?) coming out of the ocean. My husband saw the DVD and was like, "what the heck is this?"
Anyway, I found your blog via Birthday Girl. You have lots of fun posts!

http://pisforparty.blogspot.com