Tuesday, April 19, 2011

{small shop} framing on aluminum

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

I love, love Erika's blog and her eye for design. Anyway Erika recently shared a piece of her home in progress and I fell for her vintage treasures that she has added into the mix of her decor. Also I am paying close attention to the piece of art that she had mounted and framed onto aluminum. I think it lends for such a clean look. Have any of you out there framed something using aluminum?

To see more of Erika's work go and pay her a little visit here.

P.S. - I really want a vintage brass mushroom lamp like in Erika's space.

14 comments:

the big "W" said...

Wow this space is awesome. I want to go shopping with Erika...

Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

I like it, a LOT! like the space and also the idea of framing lie that, subtle luxury

Unknown said...

WOW, I really want a brass lamp like that too...heading over now!

Fancy House Road said...

That frame is aluminum? WOW!

Her house is BEAUTIFUL! Someday I aspire to have my house look like that. My husband and I have been married for 4 years and our house still feels empty. (Sigh)

-Camberley

Drew {Coral Cafe} said...

I LOVE that desk!! It's so unique and chic!!

angela hardison said...

i really want a vintage brass mushroom lamp too. maybe there are a couple waiting in sun city for us (i'm dreaming... since i have no time for sun city these days...boo)

Anonymous said...

I didn't know about Erika's blog. What talent she has!!

elissabraun said...

you are so right. everything about this space is perfect. i love the blend of old and new, clean lines and ornate objects, etc. i'm off to check out the rest of the photos.

Unknown said...

Love this idea. I am going to have to ask my framer about this!

quintessence said...

Love her space - and the gray holds it all together!

debra @ 5th and state said...

brilliant! love such originality and actually everything in her home
heading her way!
debra

Jordan G. said...

I have a landscape pic from our wedding that's on aluminum and we get compliments on it all the time. I got it from www.canvaspress.com.

Full House said...

Thanks Jordan for that lead.

LindsB said...

This post makes gray my new favorite color