Friday, April 8, 2011

Happy weekend!

Photobucket
Photobucket

I am a proud owner of a new 72" Drexel dining table from the 70s that I acquired as another project (you know because it was $25 and I REALLY needed another project). Thank goodness I had my Uncle's truck to go and fetch it with because I probably would've had to opt for an around the town Uhaul. Everything was good because I had great company....a cute little boy with an awesome red hat that he would not take off and my treasured Mom. It was a little windy today so everywhere we went he got such comments as, "That hat is going to help you take off and fly away in this wind". I actually bought the table Wednesday on a fun trip with a friend I met through blogging (Hi Kellie) who is a decorator and has a really great eye. Always nice to find those that share some of the same thoughts that come out of my brain...which may also be known as being on the same wavelength. If I didn't find those sort of people every once in a while I might start to think I was a little too odd for my breeches (or was that britches), you know?

Well I hope to be back with a nice bonus weekend post so come back and say hi if you would like.

Happy weekend!

P.S. - I am loving my new citrus print.

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Can't wait to see what you do with the table!

Unknown said...

the table is delicious!

The Wizzle said...

I LOVE that table. Love. I have literally never seen one like it!

Debbie said...

fun to be together.

My Interior Life said...

Love that table, and how nice to have a friend on the same wavelength. Wish I lived closer so we could all shop together!

Rashon Carraway said...

First, I want an adult sized red hat with a propeller.
Well the kid size my work also.
Secondly, I am with you on the uhaul bit.
I think that is why I dont buy as much stuff because I will have to go and get a uhaul and then it doesnt seem worth it much more.

Cant wait to see what you do with it.




Rashon aka Mr. Goodwill Hunting

debra @ 5th and state said...

great find! i would have done what it takes
debra

Stephanie Sabbe said...

love the table and the hat!

kelleyp said...

even though i was on the trip when you purchased that table, my heart just skipped a beat seeing it on the blog. truly an amazing find!
can't wait to go again.
Kelley

First House on the Right said...

I LOVE the table. Cannot wait to see what you do with it :) Nicolex

Whitney said...

Oh I love it!!! It will go perfect with your chairs.

Samantha said...

Nice score!

Laura said...

1. Love your citrus print.
2. Can't wait to see what you do with the table.
3. The hat is killing me! Too, too cute!!

LindsB said...

That table is awesome, I cant wait to see what you do with it!!