Thursday, April 21, 2011

inspiration found in a retail shop

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Sometimes my favorite pieces of inspiration for decorating come from the world of retail. The above Paul Smith store has so many different elements that are just so fantastic. I don't make it to the mall very often but when I do I almost loose sight of any missions I might be on because of those beautifully and creatively decorated spaces that usually sell really expensive items. The Tory Burch store is always a favorite. I also love the Carolina Herrera store here in Scottsdale. Do you have any favorites?

Of course the above space was photographed by the talented Brian Park.

9 comments:

Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

absolutely agree Christina, I have seen some amazing stores in the past!

kelleyp said...

love both the kate spade store at scottsdale too!

Stephanie Sabbe said...

a few of those upholstered pieces are amazing. good inspiration!

angela | the painted house said...

Those chairs have just given me a burst of inspiration--thank you for that!

It would be fun to put on our oversized glasses and have a little mommy field trip one afternoon and go window shopping.

I'm gonna break some rules and leave a comment here for another post--don't arrest me--but have you ever cooked fruit in with the quinoa and water?

Unknown said...

Those shop images are so gorgeous! Where is this?

whitney
seeshopeatdo.com

ashley cooper said...

I love the Carolina Herrera store in Scottsdale, too. I am loving the new Tory Burch store at Scottsdale, especially the set of "X" benches that are mingled in that stores decor. Also, have to give a shout out to the fabulous Ferragamo store (my old employer). It's very streamline and modern.

Jimmy The Undercover Designer said...

Very very inspiring and not typical retail shop look

Joanna said...

Very nice inspirational chairs! The changing room is so cool,I like the wood works! The chandelier is so cute! Great post, check out also 3D Rendering

Unknown said...

Wow that multicolor marbled upholstered Bergere chair and settee is blowing my mind. I love the mix of old and new, yet still so clean and sophisticated.