Monday, April 18, 2011

Photobucket

I usually love to be busy.

Not too busy but just a balanced kind of busy.

I think I have been teetering on the unbalanced side of too busy...which makes sense that I am craving flip flops, sand and a bathing suit right now.

I really have no complaints..just a handful of kids.
In which I have explaining to do as to why it is not a choice to pick ballet class over going to 1st grade next year. Seriously one of my girls thought it was an option. Is it bad that they are already sick of school and they are only in half day kindergarten? If this carries on for too long I may have to enroll them into that one hippy school with no desks and a garden in the middle....have you heard of that one? Kids really are the cool ones...too cool for school obviously.

As of right now I am implementing the "no worries" code and there is a possibility that the computer does not comply with that code...that's ok because it is holding inspiration from my brain that wants to come out so at some point it is inevitable.

Anyway, hope you all had a nifty weekend.

P.S. - I still haven't been able to devour the new Lonny/Traditional online mag like I've been wanting to do...rats!

P.S.S. Why is framing so expensive? Refer to the unframed mess my kids are standing in front of while practicing the Pledge of Allegiance on Friday morning. They were getting a little nervous to be recorded saying the Pledge in their kindergarten class so I told them to stand against the wall and I would practice recording them. The fly on the wall probably saw me laughing...

14 comments:

Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

agree, why is framing so expensive!? and your kids are too cute for words, and who liked school anyway ;)

annie@mostlovelythings said...

I LOVE this post! Even before I read it...I was wondering if they were saying the pledge, but I did also wonder why this setting? So thanks for clarifying.

I also remember when my kindergarten son (now 12) said he didn't think he would to school anymore...I was like, what do I look like the kind of mom who home schools?

And yes, framing is so expensive!!

sophie said...

Framing and artwork in general is just so expensive! Makes it difficult to collect.

Can I ask for the 'Be Calm' print source? LOVE that shade!

The Wizzle said...

I've got $400 of worth of framing that I just need to say "go" on...oh yeah, and I also need $400. :/

Laura said...

They are adorable!!
And I agree, framing is ridiculous!!

nest of posies said...

i just wanted to say i love you.

your kids learning the pledge of allegiance in front of lovely art work...only YOU, only you.

xoxo
kellie

Amanda said...

your kids, your writing, and the "be calm" poster... make me smile. even in all its "unframed" glory. ;)

Danika Herrick said...

Haha! My Kindergartener told me he didn't want to go to school anymore because "he learned everything they have taught him." Hoping it gets easier.

angela | the painted house said...

I would love hippie school (I think.).

You have such a great collection of art (and kiddos) there. Please roll up all your art in a Mike Brady architectural plans tube, get a BPass, and come see my framer. Actually, I have an appt with her in the morning to dig through her leftovers. I don't know if I'll be able to sleep I'm so excited. A BPass...I say!

susieq said...

I love this post. My girls have begged me to home school them thinking -- and probably correctly -- that we'd spend our days funning it up with art and, oops, running out of time for math and science!

And, yes, framing is stupidly crazy expensive. I went to a recent Michaels 55% off sale and still managed to rack up a $500 receipt. How on earth?? Nelya at Head Over Heels told me about this great online source for mats and frames. http://www.framesbymail.com/. My next framing project will be mats from Frames By Mail paired with Ikea Ribba frames. Great gallery look.

Full House said...

Hi fellow local girl named Sofie..

I purchased the print from here:

http://www.artriver.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=LB1&Category_Code=LB

P.S. - You make really cool patterns for kids clothes. I wish I could sew because I would buy them in a heart beat.

Full House said...

Susie Q..you are the reason people like to make friends in the blog world.

That resource would have saved me $170 on my last framing project.

thank you!

LiveLikeYou said...

OMG your kids are so beautiful!!! I've been so crazy busy myself it's a little crazy making...

Anonymous said...

I love this post. I always love seeing your adorable kids and I love that she thinks she can choose between school or ballet - oh, if only life were that simple.

Hate paying for frames - I've spent more on framing then on the actual print...now that was just a bad move. Never again.