Friday, September 11, 2009

Retail therapy



Making your way in the world today takes everything you've got. 
Taking a break from all your worries, sure would help a lot. 

Wouldn't you like to get away? 

Sometimes you want to go 

Where everybody knows your name, 
and they're always glad you came. 
You wanna be where you can see, 
our troubles are all the same 
You wanna be where everybody knows 
Your name. 

You wanna go where people know, 
people are all the same, 
You wanna go where everybody knows 
your name. 

TJ MAXX is my CHEERS





I am still trying to decide how I feel about the fact that the Cheers theme song came into my head as I drove away from TJ Maxx.  All I know is that it had been a very long time since I had been to that store for a visit so when I arrived there it was a pleasant surprise to see all of my friends still working there. It was as if I had never been away. "Where are the girls", "I bet they are so big now, said one. The boys big debut was a hit. Jeanne who has worked at TJ for fifteen years finally made her way over & said, "I was just thinking about you yesterday". I sat & talked to one about her husband with diabetes & the other one about her grandkids.  "Is that weird that I'm friends with the TJ Maxx workers", I thought, Nah..there's much weirder.  The thought came into to my mind, "RETAIL THERAPY". Well I'd say today was a true example of what retail therapy can provide for one's soul.   

Did I mention the good solid 25 minutes in the car driving over to TJ Maxx was equally as wonderful? As I looked back into the rear view mirror my heart melted at the sight of 3 beautiful, happy & healthy little guys....my bestest friends.  Hey & they don't make such bad shopping buddies after all (at least for now).  That was until I saw this establishment.  I mean who wouldn't want to take their kids & drop them off here:

 

But I didn't.  Instead we had fun trying on fancies.  Don't tell husband.



Just in case you were wondering the shopping trip was profitable to me but not husband.  Our definitions of profitable are quite different, apparently.  We can all still be friends though, I say.  


15 comments:

christy said...

AWESOME lamp! Cute boys! Hilarious that they know you, although I am sure that happens a lot, being a beautiful mom of twin girls & triplet boys, I am sure your are hard to miss.

Love the idea of Merry Pop-Ins, too cute!

Stu and Angie Milne said...

wow, that lamp? gorgeous. i think you most definitely profited from that outing.

Erin said...

Hey! I found you through Jami's blog! She posted your cute shirts from the stuff you found at SAS! You are the cutest!

Erin

Busy Bee Lauren said...

Cuuute lamp!

I have that ivory headband your boy is trying on! hilar!

nest of posies said...

YOU ARE KILLING ME!!!!

GASP. GASP. over that lamp. what a great find. of course, i love the entire story as well. i am 100% convinced that this particular therapy really does work wonders for the soul!

TALKING YOUTH SOCCER in said...

As a TJ/Marshall's/HG lifetime fan club member, I know you bought much more than just a lamp--do show!

Didn't the boys escape from the stroller into the toy dept.? That always got me about 15 minutes of private shopping--until I began to hear things falling off shelves, screeching, employees running....

Debbie said...

I am still smiling at the fact that all of the TJMaxx employees all remembered you after all of this time!!

Whitney said...

That lamp is fantastic! I love me some retail therapy but usually Im buying for Presley and Zach. Which is still good.

Cheryl said...

I love TJMaxx too. You are so much fun to shop with. Your boys are so cute!!

Liza said...

Cute lamp! I'm glad to know that even glamorous you shops at the Maxx.

Lisa Harris said...

Where is the merry pop ins? It looks fun, well for my sanity.

Marketing Unscrambled, Home edition said...

What a nice outing. Enjoyable for all four of you. That lamp is lovely.

Have a great day.

Dan and Deanna "Marketing Unscrambled"

Iman said...

I looooveee TJ Maxx!!
A laughed out loud when you said you are friends with the workers. I am too, my sister thinks I'm weird.
Love your blog!!

Molly said...

WHat a delicious lamp! I love it! My hubby and I have different ideas of "profitability" also. lol. I guess decorating means nothing to the guys.

Full House said...

Lisa..it's in the Chandler mall across from Potter Barn next to Nordstroms.