Sunday, September 20, 2009

A colorful Sunday

When we go on Sunday walks we always take a map.  Usually it is a big & colorful map so we will not get lost.  Who doesn't bring the Candy Land board on their walks?


Smiley let's us know we are almost @ the end.  Yes he is on the map.


We made it to the Candy Land castle.  
No not really but doesn't this look like an ice cream parlor house...it brings warm & fuzzy feelings as I refer back to childhood memories of dreaming what kind characters lived inside...kind of like Disneyland.  It's pink.


Of course I was crowned Queen Frostine because I always win in my tale.  Wait isn't that the lamp shade I finally finished this weekend.  YEAH, one more thing mark off to finish the girl's room.  I kind of like it.



Here's the rest of the Sunday story.....









HIGHLIGHTS:

Burdens were lifted for a bit as I basked in the uplifting words @ church.
The girls gave a talk & scripture in church.  Made me all happy inside.
Lots of blue teeth from the push up pops Dad rewarded the girls with.
Crock Pot dinner.
Long Sunday nap.
Frolicking outside.
Sunday walk.
Desert.

Sometimes I really like Sundays & sometimes I don't but today I did.

Speaking of Candyland, I wish we had tickets to the below adorable party found here via Party Perfect.

17 comments:

Jenny said...

Cute! You must have early church! We are 1:00. I miss naps!
You commented on my blog about Love and logic. We only filled half a class so we combined with another out in Gilbert on Thursday nights. We just started this last week, would you like to join? you can email me steve.jensmith@gmail.com
We also are doing a carpool since its a little out of our neighborhood. :)

Debbie said...

fun pictures of the kids. I'm sure that you aren't the only one that wants to go to that party!! Bravo on the lampshade. It came out gorgeous, even if you did have to stay up until 2 am to get it done.

Stu and Angie Milne said...

so in love with that lampshade. gorgeous. you're little kiddos are the cutest! what a beautiful way to spend a sunday :)

McMemories said...

WOW. That house brought back memories too! I totally was IN LOVE with that house!! Ice cream parlor house!!!!
You guys are the cutest and we love the candyland map at our house too:)

Cute lamp shade!!!

nest of posies said...

you are unreal! the lampshade is awesome. beautiful job, as always.

love that pink house.

Rhonda said...

I love that lampshade!!!!
you always do the most fun posts! I need to be more creative to make mine more interesting...
Funny, I just to know the owners of the ice cream parlor house.

Oh & Let's do plan a dinner soon....

Laura said...

Love this post, so cute!!
And that lampshade ~L~O~V~E I~T!!

Busy Bee Lauren said...

Are you kidding? Would you believe me if I told you I made the same lamp shades this weekend? because I totally did.

Great minds think alike...

HM Baker said...

After putting away the tv we have been enjoying many a round of candyland... Love the pics. Love your blogs. Happy to have found you...

Stacey Crewse said...

Love
The
Shade!!!!

Are you in business yet??!!

Whitney said...

Can we have a candyland party like that? That is so cool. The lampshade turned out gorgeous. You are so creative. I only wish I would have thought of it too. ;)

Alexa Mae said...

you are a genius! i adore you...alot! and that house, i used to play in it when i was little and it is a dreamy as you could think. your kids are so cute! i loveeee your girls green dresses, where did you get them?? and are you going to start selling any of your creations?

Annie said...

I am loving the map thing. Vance is way into maps these days too. He carries around the car seat manual, calling it his "map". He is always there to tell me where we are going next. I was really hoping it would be a Candyland walk but I don't think I'm going to be able to make it down to AZ...I'm crying right now. Let's pray for a miracle.

Marketing Unscrambled, Home edition said...

That is a wonderful Sunday. What a great day. Love the map it helps a lot as to not getting lost.

Have a great day.

Dan and Deanna "Marketing Unscrambled"

Day by Day Design said...

I LOVE your lamp shade!!! I just might steal your idea! Love love love it!

Day by Day Design said...

Oh and you are absolutely gorgeous..

Amanda said...

One day, if God ever graces our little family with a baby girl, I'm pretty sure she'll need a similar lampshade in her room. :)