Monday, March 29, 2010

old fashioned candy

Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I'm glad we've been putting our little brown containers to work. My kids seriously scored with the latest craft installment. I mean what kid wouldn't want a whole craft made out of candy. All I can say is take candy, wrap in saran wrap, push pin into foam ball...REPEAT & REPEAT & REPEAT . This was no quickie craft but it was loads of fun and kept my girls entertained for hours. We actually started out making a craft using the same concept but made it a little more kid friendly. The girls made their very own spring topiary with paper flowers pinned all around the styrofoam ball. After we were finished with the candy topiaries, the girls told me that I needed to let them hide the crafts in their room...clever I say...I'm raising no dummies. I'm sure by morning all of the petals/leaves would have mysteriously disappeared.

Then we made (I mean I made a desert bloom out of felt and ribbon). I have apparently really gotten into the whole desert thing this year. I've thought about using them for favor/place holders for the dinner party I am going to throw next decade or at the rate that I move it may even be 2 decades.

Have I mentioned how much I love the little brown containers? Tarjay, $1.69 for a pack of 10.

Photobucket

23 comments:

Kera said...

such a cute idea! your desert bloom is gorgeous!

Sarah's Fab Day said...

C, These are sooo cute! I think I'll have the boys make these for this year's springy craft. Usually we make peep wreaths but I think this year we need something new.

Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

before reading the post I was thinking "did she make these?" of course you did!! gorgeous!

LindsB said...

These are so adorable!! Smart girls you have- I would have wanted it hidden in my room too, you know for safe keeping :)

lemondropdreams said...

Oooo, I LOVE the flower, but the trees are adorable too. I picked up my containers yesterday at Target!!

jeanette from everton terrace said...

I was thinking the same thing as Helena - "tell me she didnd't make these" but I knew because of the little brown containers. You are just remarkable. I think I'm going to use the containers somehow to wrap my 23 year old daughters Easter goodies (clothes accesories). Super fun.

Unknown said...

These are gorgeous and sound like such a fantastic craft for kids and adults alike!

P.S. I'm having a little giveaway on my blog, and I'd love if you found the chance to stop by...! :)

Dayka Robinson said...

i thought these were something from martha! i can't believe you made them--so cute.

Debbie said...

You are one creative lady!!!

Unknown said...

such a cool project. you're such a fun mommy!

The Waits said...

wonderful! YOU are so wonderful!

☂niki. said...

i love seeing your projects. i'm always seriously impressed...seriously.

loooove it all.

you inspire me.

Aimee's Family Journal said...

I will echo your mom. Tina you are stinking awesome!

Whitney said...

Um these are so cute. and so clever. The new desert flower... amazing.

Laura said...

Those are amazing!!! What fun crafts!! Fun and gorgeous! :-)

Lynda @ Happenstance Home said...

This project is so adorable. I really like your desert flower. Thank you for sharing!

chrissy said...

i live in the dessert and our flowers are not NEARLY as sweet as this.
loving your ideas AND your blog.
c

{Amanda} said...

what a fun craft! oh and that desert bloom is beautiful =)

angela | the painted house said...

beautiful--both your candy topiary and desert bloom!

nest of posies said...

everything you touch turns to beauty. tarjay is right by g's preschool - i am going there after p-up!
what lens did you use for these pics? esp the last one - they are all just gorgeous.

hope your day is nothing but sweet!
kellie

Bringing Lady Back said...

You clever little minx!

I love all of these!

Rashon Carraway said...

These are so fun looking. You are such a crafty mom. I know your babies are always pleased.

A blessed family.


Mr. Goodwill Hunting
http://g-w-hunting.blogspot.com

Tommie said...

LOVE this! By you mentioned the brown containers, it sounds like you have done other things with these....I'd love to see those too! Your blog is gorgeous! Love it!