Monday, October 5, 2009

Parisian chic

You know the friend that sometimes hears my kids scream really loud...well she is decorating a little girl's bedroom on a budget. She wanted it to have a Parisian flea marketish feel. The below 3 images initially went through my brain as I recalled Molly Sim's SoHo loft featured in In Style Home a few years back. She actually went with the designer on the project to France to hit up some flea markets & then found many of the other items on Ebay.






more inspiration photos...




my friend also mentioned she would like to make some ruffled pillows....

so here's a great tutorial that Mer Mag did over on kelly + olive:



and if that weren't enough go here for another adorable pillow tutorial:




{image 1,2,3 via decor8, image 4,5 via Homes & Gardens , image 6 unknown}

16 comments:

nest of posies said...

oh wow. thanks for posting the "how to" for the ruffle pillows! love them.
good luck to your friend & the parisian chic make-over!

TALKING YOUTH SOCCER in said...

I'm deeply in lust for a budget to go Parisian flea marketing.
But that's not an option in this economy.
As a substitute, there's a dose of creativity (using what I've got) mingled with a good old trip to Home Goods.

Laura said...

Oooooh, I likey! I'm so glad you posted the tutorial! I think I have some projects a brewing...

Aimee's Family Journal said...

LOVE! Hmmm. I really do feel like I could make a ruffle pillow. That is something I could do. Thankyou for showing me such a cute thing. and thank you for that darling post with all 5 kids on your bike. I love that Madsen creation too!

Debbie said...

You always seem to find some of the greatest pictures of well decorated homes.

Whitney said...

I like. Im so doing those pillows.

Marketing Unscrambled, Home edition said...

Love the color choice in the first few. The gray is stunning. The chandeliers- WOW !!! Those are great rooms. Thank you also for teaching us how to do the pillows. They would make great Christmas gifts.

Dan and Deanna "Marketing Unscrambled"

Amy Lou said...

Can I please look like that on a bike after five children?!!!!

Whatever Dee-Dee wants said...

I love that ruffle pillow!

Unknown said...

Hi there! Just found your blog, very lovely! I'm a fan!

Shayla said...

Oh, I'm in LOVE, so using that pillow tutorial! I've been looking for the perfect one, thanks!!

Courtney Vance said...

I love the idea of a chandelier in the girls room, and the pillow! I could make the pillows. Love them.

paula said...

loving all the gray, yum.

Bekah: said...

ruffle pillow are darling. I want a bed full of them. My husband might protest.

I love your blog!

I live in Portland, moving to Mesa soon. Can we be friends? E-mail me and I'll send you a LIST of fabulous places to eat! Where are you staying?

Cheryl said...

Love the white ruffle pillows. They are so pretty. So fun to see the cute pics of all your kids and you on your bike. I love the flower in your hair too. You look stunning as usual!

Julie at Belle Vivir said...

I love this. Thank you so much for posting it.

P.S. Thank you for your comment.