Thursday, October 22, 2009

{new sewless shades}



Dearest Jenny,

I have been reading your blog for a long time now & I like to read it not because we are from the same stomping grounds & not because we are distant relatives but because you author some of the most fabulous things on your blog.

I would have been waiting a very long time for some shades because a) I do not sew and b) I have many more projects and expenses that come before paying somebody to make my custom shades. You are my best friend today as I (I mean Stacey) hung my newly crafted shades that took not one stitch but just glue, scissors, $7.00 mini blinds, & fabric. From a far my shades could just about trick anybody from the trade.

I really appreciate your blog!

Thanks in advance for any other ideas. 

Sincerely,

FULL HOUSE


*****For all of the details on this very effective project go here*****

P.S - I would like to give Stacey a big HUGE thank you.

12 comments:

Jenny at LGN said...

They shade looks AMAZING!!!

Great job and thanks for the lovely letter!! Made my day :)

jenny

nest of posies said...

wow ~ your shades looks great. thanks so much for posting this. i must try.
"my bedroom" my dreaded, forget-about-it, close the door bedroom needs some TLC = STAT!
will have to try this maybe before Thanksgiving.??. maybe.

Busy Bee Lauren said...

Are you kidding me?! I have to make some of those!

Whitney said...

They look awesome!!! Ive been debating on what to do in my new "craft room".

Abby Hunter said...

Ooo, those are beautiful! About organizing my photos...I have one big folder called "blog", and then I created folders within called "future posts" and "posted", and then under future posts, I have a million categories under 3 other folders (Interiors, Kids, and Random)...under those I have included things like bedroom, kitchen, foyer, office, fashion, photography, food, etsy, toys, etc. It takes a while to save things in the right place, but it's much easier to retrieve later. :)

Lifes Delish said...

Great Shade! Randomly came across your blog.I'm from Az(just moved to Co.), have triplets, and a sister that lives in the Portland area. Small world...lovely blog.

Stacey Crewse said...

One big hug back at-ch! Thanks for the props, they turned out just perfect, and look so good in your kitchen... now on to the next project!

Laura said...

They look AWESOME!

Liza said...

Those shades are great! I've gotta check out the directions.

Debbie said...

you did a smashing job!!

M said...

I love those!!! Too bad Im not crafty. If its ok, I would like to award your blog as my Blog of the Week!! I wish I had the style you have in ONE strand of that gorgeous hair!!

Marketing Unscrambled, Home edition said...

Very nice. They sure turned out very well. Thank you both for sharing how it is done.

Have a nice day.

Dan and Deanna "Marketing Unscrambled"