Monday, October 26, 2009

{candle sleeves}

I have always admired the look of the KaarsKoker candle sleeves from the first time I saw them in one of my magazines. When in Portland we had a chance to look @ them firsthand in one of the shops. Sister & I almost walked out of the store with some in hand but we couldn't decide which ones we wanted. When I got home I went to KaarsKoker's website and was pleased to see that you could order them direct. In the meantime I thought why not play around with pretty papers. I think it is fun and I plan to switch the candle sleeves out on a regular basis. I feel that they can give my chandelier either a festive or an updated look depending on the paper that I choose. So simple & fun.

  

  


Here's mine except they aren't crafted with as much quality but hey for $1.00 not too bad.


Go here to see more of the fabulous desgins KaarsKoker has to offer.  I still am trying to make up my mind on which ones I want.

14 comments:

Rhonda said...

Luv! Not a bad idea at all! You always get me thinking... Although, it's the "acting" part that's tricky.

Iman said...

Super cute! I bought some paper months ago to do this same thing. Still have to put the chandelier up!!

undomestic mama said...

How fun! Onc ei finally get the chendelier I want, I'll need to do this too :)

Marketing Unscrambled, Home edition said...

I like the idea of the paper. You can change it as often as you like. Any gift wrapping paper would work well for this. You can get it in so many patterns and colors. What a great look it is and adds so much beauty as well.

Dan and Deanna "Marketing Unscrambled"

Stacey Crewse said...

Wow, Looks sharp! You get things done FAST!!!!

Laura said...

They're fabulous!!

paula said...

I love these. I did my own DIY of these for a lamp. Love the way yours turned out.

Sarah said...

So just scrapbook paper cut to fit? How did you attach it?

Whitney said...

Love them. What a great idea.

Anonymous said...

haha. I made my own as well some time ago! What a brilliant idea! Yours are stunning!

Enchantresses Three said...

Oh my glory! I am so going to copy you!
Hugs,
Sariah

ammon & Kim Riggs said...

Thanks for yet another darling idea!

Liza said...

How cute! I've never seen those before.

nest of posies said...

yours look great!

my mom did something similar a few years back (to save a few $) she made them with white plumbing pipes/tubes and wrap wallpaper around the pipes. so you could change them out from season to season. but your chandelier looks perfect!