Tuesday, May 17, 2011

miracles do happen...

Photobucket

Pictures can be deceiving. For example the above picture may illustrate to some that I just have the most well behaved little three year old triplet boys on the planet.

Oh MERCY, where do I begin.

I actually was waiting in line at the store and if I were to have heard one more person say, "Wow you have your hands full", I was going to be perturbed. Not because I am easily driven to the perturbed state by the public eye but because every time I went to take inventory I came up short and it was stressing me out...in fact it was making me sweat (I have never had such bad BO in my life..I just blame it on the arrival of the triplets). One felt the need to rip a few things off the shelves to the right, another one felt the need to cut off all of the legitimate high blood pressure candidates just so that he could pester the machine's buttons. Then there was the third one and he was just plain no where to be found. I didn't know if he took off because he was bitter that I would not let him have the big dump truck after he kept throwing a tantrum or if somebody snatched him. Nonetheless I was totally annoyed in that moment because my children also suddenly could not hear a word I had to say...which would have been forgivable if they were at least deaf mutes. Don't fret the mute part need not apply because they were as loud as they come. Just for the record, broken ears and loud voices are not of the best assortments...pretty much not my favorite. Just as I was about to give up I looked over and beheld three boys playing very nicely on the bench outside of the pharmacy. It was like Christmas & a miracle joined together to hold hands. Prayers were answered. Well sort of. Mostly that answer came in the form of, "You are so lucky to have very normal three year old boys and this time is short lived so just try to relax."

Speaking of relaxing sometimes I do it so much that I almost forgot that my little boys break and ruin things on a daily basis. I am not kidding I think one thing is broken or ruined on average once a day. Thankfully I have people like my Mom to bring me back to planet earth when I bring home or want to decorate the boys room with something that may not be conducive for surviving their environment. Case in point, I just returned the below Oscar de la Renta rug that I bought from One Kings Lane. However I did decide to buy the below hand blocked saree stripe quilt from here. The whole process is taking forever but if the bedding works out then I think we are onto something and I will have photos of the finished project very soon.

Just a few things I may or may not be considering.


Photobucket
<a href=
Photobucket
Photobucket



Side note: In life after one says their prayers amongst a few other principals it is all about balance. Like decorate and use retail therapy just enough so that one doesn't end up in the pharmacy line again with her three little boys in tow if you know what I mean:-) Wells's new medication is finally helping his very itchy skin, hooray.


14 comments:

McMemories said...

I know I've said it before but, you are my hero!! :)

Samantha said...

As soon as I saw the blog title and the photo, I cracked up. No explanation was needed.

Caroline @ The Feminist Housewife said...

I just picked out a vase for my son's room...realizing how silly that is. Haha!

I cannot wait to see the room! I love the teasers.

Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

my hero too!

Unknown said...

oh man, i could not imagine three little boys!! i have my hands full with one little girl. i am sure you didnt have the choice to have three little boys or not but they are blessed to have you. at least they are cute right :)

angela | the painted house said...

Wow, keeping up with five little ones and decorating a big boys' room--you sure have your hands full! Hee, hee, just kidding. (But really you do...but I will never tell you that in the pharmacy.)

I love the direction of the room. Can't wait to see it, of course.

And sweet boys to give their mama a little break for a moment. :)

Christy from fountains of home said...

I'm so glad someone has days like me!

Too bad about the Oscar rug, one day!

Laura said...

I can't wait to see your finished room, am so glad the boys gave you a breather moment and yay for unitchy skin!
You're hilarious and definitely a hero! :-)

Amy C said...

You must get SO tired of hearing people say "I don't know how you do it" so I will try to refrain. Needless to say I am overwhelmed just with my two girls (ages 5 and 3) and I simply cannot imagine five kids including triplet boys. You are awesome. :) Love your blog!!

autumn said...

i have lived through ONE little boy, and i can imagine how busy, and noisy and full of life THREE must be. what is it with little boys and weird sounds? have they hit that stage where everything is a train or a gun or a rocket? my 7 year old is still in it.
in any case, it was fun to journey with you to the pharmacy!
i admire your insistence on filling your life with beautiful thing, even though they risk the potential of being broken by three rascally and adorable three year olds.

Stephanie Sabbe said...

sweet boys! and you are a super mama!

Ana Antunes said...

I've been following your blog from Portugal in Europe, for sometime and I cannot believe what an amazing, gorgeous, stylish, hero mother you are! I'm a mother of a 5 year old funny and energic little boy and can't imagine having 2 more like him, with a full time job as an interior decorator and tv executive producer of a home makeover show. I hardly have time to blog! How do you ever manage!??!! Wow!

Haute Mama said...

that whale print is the cutest ever!

Lynda @ Happenstance Home said...

That little whale is adorable. You have such a great eye - you will find the exact look your after! My boys are 12 and 14 now and I miss the little days!