Tuesday, May 31, 2011

kitchen kitchen, who is in the kitchen {a guest post}

Photobucket

Photobucket

When Helena asked if I wanted to participate in her "In The Kitchen" series I did a special little clean up and added some flowers just for her. If you want to sneak a peaky of how my kitchen exists today then go here.

Photobucket

Now the kitchen has been on my radar to spruce up. Since I took the pictures for Helena's blog I have taken off a cabinet door next to the one that was already missing a door in the above photo. I then backed the shelving with mirror.

Next on the list of things to do: purchase a kitchen island, install a backsplash, add some new lighting, pick out a new rug and paint the cabinets..I would love to share the process for any insight that you all may have. Also it is always a motivator to finish things when you put things out there. Have any of you all installed your own backsplash? if so I'd love any tips.

On deck..an affordable option for a kitchen island. the below cabinet can be found here and is actually not slotted for an island but I think it could work for my space. I will let you know.

Photobucket

I seriously love Helena and think you might want to check her out over here. You can also see the other fine ladies that she has featured in her kitchen series, right here.

Hopefully you all had a great weekend!

P.S. - Helena also posted my favorite turkey meatball recipe. I love that it is a recipe that both my husband and kids like.

18 comments:

Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

LOVED having you!! you are an amazing lady Christina and I'm honoured to call you my blog friend :) xo Thanks!

Rooster said...

I know we spend about 80% of our time at home in the kitchen. Will you help us when we buy a house?

quintessence said...

Just love your beautiful kitchen. It's lovely as is and will be even more fabulous with your latest ideas - look forward to seeing it all!!

Laura said...

Love your kitchen and love your chairs. Can't wait to see all your plans in action. :-)

Shelly said...

LOVE your chairs - where did you find them?
Also, do you have a house tour or pics of all your rooms posted? I love your ideas, so it would be fun to see more rooms!

Ingrid said...

Your kitchen is beautiful...Jenny from Little Green Notebook just painted an old dresser and put a piece of marble from a coffee table she had. It turned out great and a very affordable option!
http://littlegreennotebook.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2011-05-13T13%3A28%3A00-04%3A00&max-results=3
I too would love to know where your chairs are from, I have always loved them!

claire said...

Your chairs are amazing!!! I love the idea for you island, it would love so unique!!

Joanna said...

Lovely kitchens! Check out also 3D Rendering

Naomi@DesignManifest said...

Mirrored backs sound awesome!!

As for the "island" is it finished on the back? I guess you could just do what Jenny did and paint the back to match. Hope it works out!

Pink Sun Drops said...

This gives me serious kitchen envy!

Unknown said...

Nothings better than a clean organized beautifully designed kitchen! I want the second one!

nest of posies said...

don't even tell me you scored those chairs from a thrift store. don't you dare... ;)

love ya like my favorite teddy bear!!!

xoxo
kellie

Anonymous said...

Thanks for showing us your beautiful kitchen! I have not checked into the blog in awhile and just wanted to thank you for your great posts. I enjoy reading about the adventures of your fam as well as seeing such inspiring photos:)

Anonymous said...

So enjoyed seeing your kitchen! Love all the white and marble...and thanks for writing such an inspiring blog! I love reading all the adventures you have with the fam and seeing all the gorgeous photos! You have lovely style:)

Annie said...

Oh, looks like Drew has already stopped by...how cute he is. I told you he's your secret admirer already right? :) Your kitchen looks great! I loved seeing the agates. Definitely inspired by Dad.

jillian :: cornflake dreams. said...

great post! LOVE these choices. i really want a big monster oven someday :) xoxo jillian:: enter in TWO GIVEAWAYS over at cornflake dreams

Jen of MadeByGirl said...

great post! the Kitchen is amazing. thanks for sharing :)
www.madebygirl.com
madebygirl.blogspot.com

Style, Decor & More said...

I love your kitchen. I splurged on my kitchen and I'm so glad I did. I truly is the heard of the home!

Enjoy!
nancy