Thursday, May 19, 2011

having a hot pink moment {pomegranate frozen yogurt}

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

The above ikat fabric was one being offered on Ebay and I thought that it would make a nice tablecloth or napkins for summer. Hot pink was stuck in my brain for a few days after observing that fabric. I'd say that some pomegranate frozen yogurt would at least look pretty this summer. Want to make some? Below recipe and above picture from here.

POMEGRANATE FROZEN YOGURT RECIPE

Ingredients

  • 2 cups freshly-squeezed pomegranate juice
  • 1+ 1/2 cup plain, whole milk yogurt
  • 2/3 cup Grenadine (pomegranate syrup)
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 2 tsp lemon juice

Method

  1. Stir pomegranate juice and sugar over moderate heat until the sugar dissolves. Add lemon juice and let cool to room temperature.
  2. In a bowl, combine yogurt, pomegranate juice and pomegranate syrup and whisk until completely combined.
  3. Chill the mixture thoroughly (3 hours in the freezer works for me), then freeze it in your ice cream machine according to the manufacturer’s instructions. If you don’t have one, here’s how you make ice cream without a machine.

7 comments:

Naomi@DesignManifest said...

that sounds absolutely delicious.

And in another house in another life I am totally going to have two hot pink sofas!

Pink Sun Drops said...

Those will be perfect for a table cloth. And loving the pink door! Featured you with both of your blogs on my blog today as one of my new favorite reads - hope you don't mind!

Anonymous said...

Love that photo of the yoghurt - beautiful colours.

LindsB said...

We must be on the same page- I just made new pillows and re-covered two stool things I have in some HOT pink fabric. OK, well the pillows arent all hot pink, but they have alot of pink in them. Even the hubby said he liked it, double score!

Ali said...

pomegranate frozen yogurt sounds amazing, so amazing that I had to post the link on my own blog, thanks for sharing!

elissabraun said...

hot pink and neon are everywhere right now. perfect for the sunny summer ahead!

Samantha said...

Yum on many levels.