The above ikat fabric was one being offered on Ebay and I thought that it would make a nice tablecloth or napkins for summer. Hot pink was stuck in my brain for a few days after observing that fabric. I'd say that some pomegranate frozen yogurt would at least look pretty this summer. Want to make some? Below recipe and above picture from here.
POMEGRANATE FROZEN YOGURT RECIPE
- 2 cups freshly-squeezed pomegranate juice
- 1+ 1/2 cup plain, whole milk yogurt
- 2/3 cup Grenadine (pomegranate syrup)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Stir pomegranate juice and sugar over moderate heat until the sugar dissolves. Add lemon juice and let cool to room temperature.
- In a bowl, combine yogurt, pomegranate juice and pomegranate syrup and whisk until completely combined.
- Chill the mixture thoroughly (3 hours in the freezer works for me), then freeze it in your ice cream machine according to the manufacturer’s instructions. If you don’t have one, here’s how you make ice cream without a machine.