Thursday, January 20, 2011

"I wish" {an English countryside dream}

Photobucket
Photobucket

My sister sends out a family newsletter every week. This last week she asked each of us to finish the statement, "I wish". Other than wishing I were in Oregon holding my new niece the first thing I thought about was, "I wish I were on a getaway with just my husband". Of course at the moment I already had a few ideas and one consisted of packing the above and going to the English countryside.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The above is Lime Wood, a boutique country house hotel in England. It is set in the heart of New Forest National Park, just an hour and half drive from London. I would actually welcome the chance of precipitation that is so common in those parts.

{all hotel images from Lime Wood}

{top images: cashmere scarf 1, suitcase 2, rain boot 3, travel journal 4, umbrella 5}

15 comments:

Sara Caldwell said...

I want to hear more about how this weekly family newsletter works!!

Full House said...

Ok Sara, thanks for the comment. I would love to tell you more about the family newsletter...stay tuned.

vmichelle said...

I've had very vague ideas about visiting the English countryside, but thanks to this post my fantasies can now be much more specific! I'm ready to dive into that bath.

Stephanie Sabbe said...

We are trying to make it to Enlgand this spring after the baby comes

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Full House said...

I am laughing out loud right now @ the boycottamericanwomen...way to make a funny.

Anonymous said...

I am with you!! I can't wait to visit the English countryside one day. To walk where Jane Austen walked would just be so amazing. Love this post!

angela | the painted house said...

You and I both are dreaming of escapes today--mine, to colonial Mexico. Although, I do dig this spot you have found across the pond, so they say. One of these days I'd like to bathe in front of a fireplace...that is, after I get fat, cheat on my husband, and divorce him, and take half his money to buy an old crumbly English estate.

I have to say that I didn't read "bolt hole". See? Disgusting American woman.

Hope you are having a wonderful day, C!

MaryBeth said...

I wish I lived in any one of those houses.

Laura said...

I love everything about this post!

Jess Roy said...

Thanks for sharing! Yikes, I'm in love....

Brendan Gertner said...

Roofs in England are perfectly designed - it fascinates me a lot. I'm gonna change the roof of my house soon and I'm gonna print-out the 3rd picture and show those amazing gables to my roofing contractor. Vancouver has a lot of good houses with beautiful roofs, really - but I have no clue how do they make it work. I think my contractor can make me a similar roof as these English houses since roofing contractors (BC-area) are good with their work.

jenchak said...

I'm having trouble with the links... that umbrella must be mine!

Julie Holloway said...

Why did you have to show me gold Hunter boots. Must have now! Oh, and some gorgeousness going on at your blog. I hate I haven't been reading as much. Hope y'all are well.

Full House said...

hi jenchak the umbrella is from here:

http://www.openingceremony.us/products.asp?menuid=2&productid=29234&key=umbrella

tanks for stopping by.

xx - CB