Friday, January 28, 2011

{mirror tiles}

Photobucket

Photobucket

The above mirrored tile scenario has got me thinking about a spot in my house that could benefit from something of the like.

Did you happen to catch the latest issue of Rue yesterday? If so then I am sure you got to see Nicole's beautiful space featured. Anyway she recently posted the resources on her project and mentioned that she designed the above subway mirrored wall in her dining area. She had the mirrored pieces made by her local mirror man. I think this has motivated me to find me my own local mirror guy.

If you missed the latest issue of Rue and would like to see more of Nicole's space then go here.

{1st photo via Jamie Hertzlinger}

5 comments:

Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

i think it was the best issue so far, loved everything to be honest!

The Tiny Abode said...

Hi :) ... love your blog! I have a set of tile mirrors of my own. I say go for it!

Unknown said...

I'm a touch biased but Rue blew my mind this go around. Nicole's apartment was just insanely good. Back to mirror tiles though — had you seen this mirrored penny tile backsplash from Canadian House & Home? Easily one of my all-time favorites:

http://www.mackenziehoran.com/2010/08/if-you-cant-take-heat.html

Have a wonderful weekend with your beautiful family! xo

Laura said...

Love that idea. We are installing white subway tile in the shower surround. No way are mirrored tile going there! :-)

mtadams1208 said...

I saw a mirrored-tile wall on a blog somewhere a few months ago and I have since been trying to think of a clever way to do this as well. I love the look!

mtadams1208.wordpress.com