Monday, January 24, 2011

{blankets x 3}

Photobucket

Well good morning all of you little love muffins out there!

If the above blankets are as nice as they look then sign me up to have three sent over to my house ASAP. The blankets are from Lake Superior Woolen Company based out of Michigan. I love that the company are a group of small family farms who raise their sheep on the green pastures of Northern Michigan. I even called them and the phone number listed is also the owners home number..so quaint. Just look at all of those colors to choose from and they say that their blankets are extra soft. Aren't they beautiful?

I've also had the National Parks blankets from Pendleton on my radar and recently went into a shop here in Scottsdale to touch and test the blankents first hand. I liked them but had concerns that when the summer hit that the blankets would be too warm because they are a tad on the heavy side. They even monogram their blankets which is always a nice touch.

Photobucket

When I first set out to get the bedding for the boys room I figured I would do duvet covers but it is clear to me that we do not need any extra fluff in their bedroom. In fact as I keep editing the space it gets more and more simplistic. May be due to the fact that those silly little boys gang up every single day and heave hoe their mattress off of one brothers bed in particular. I could never get a straight answer from any of them on who was the culprit and then one day I walked in on it happening in action. They were all guilty..the little hooligans. "Wellsie push that side", I heard as I flung open the door to find all three stationed at their corners..sheesh.

Anyway as far as bedding goes I feel like we are going for a look more like the below with just a sheet and a blanket.

Photobucket
{above room designed by Tamzin Greenhall via Nero Chronicles}

20 comments:

angela | the painted house said...

Those blankets look like candy!

Sounds like there are three little boys having fun with their momma! :)

Alcira Molina-Ali said...

Oh my, I adore the Pendleton blankets -- they always remind me of picnics or surfers or other happy go-lucky things ;)
What a cozy, beautiful way to start the week!
Cheers, Alcira

nerochronicles.com

Chic Geek said...

I love the first set of Blankets! Did they give you any information on pricing???

Jessica Turnbow said...

I love the Lavender and White blanket, so sweet!
I am doing a giveaway on my blog right now and would love to have you enter!
http://bonjourfrenchie.blogspot.com/

Rebekah Daphne said...

The blankets from Michigan are fanTAStic. I love the tweeds!

The Wizzle said...

I have been totally on the (very casual) hunt for a woolen blanket (for ME, of course!) I love wool but it is tricky here, you really can't have anything very heavy or scratchy. I love the look of those Michigan ones!

Ashley said...

Thank you for sharing the Michigan blankets--they are so lovely and vibrant! I have a Hudson Bay blanket and it is definitely great for the winter and not so much for the summer.

Shannon @ What's Up Whimsy said...

I love that white Pendleton blanket! And I love that room designed by the Nero Chronicles. Great colour scheme!

kelleyp said...

oh uh. you are in trouble! sounds like they are goin' be a handful. :)
anywho love the simplicity of the blanket. easy for the beds to get made too.

l.alden said...

The lake superior blankets look lovely! Thanks for posting about them! I just added a lap blanket to my wish list.

Fancy House Road said...

I'm digging the blankets from Lake Superior Woolen Company too. I love the variety of colors that they come in {and the fact that is just a small family operation}.

-Camberley

Dayka Robinson said...

you always find the best stuff online. LOVE those little wool blankies. :)

Chantal said...

These blankets do look amazing! There are so many colors to choose from!

Just popping over to tag you with a stylish blogger award! I've recently been tagged and wanted to pass on the tag to those whose blogs I truly adore!!

Also wanted to introduce myself as I've been following your blog for some time. When I first discovered you, your posts kept me busy throughout the weekend and filled my mind with amazing inspiration!

hope you have a wonderful day!

Stephanie Sabbe said...

I'm a huge fan of the sheet+blanket. I NEVER want to sleep with the duvet on me...too hot...especially pregnant.

Pistachio said...

It has been so darn cold here in New York that I would love to cuddle up in any of those colorful blankets!!

carlee {deliciously organized} said...

I would like one blanket in each color! We love blankies over at our house. Can't get enough. And I love how they spice up our white sofa/chair.

designchic said...

Love the look of the bedroom for a boy...so tailored and chic!!

Emily said...

I have been on the great blanket search as of late and I love those ones out of Michigan..I'm off to go check out their site. thank you for sharing!!

emily@wide open spaces

annie@mostlovelythings said...

I love those Pendleton blankets with monograms. How cute it would be to have three little twin beds all lined up with cute blankets. They sound adorable and three times the fun.

The others are fun too and it would not be hard to find a color you love with all those yummy choices.

Laura said...

I'm picturing your boys rearranging the mattress and I'm chuckling. How funny!!
My wee ones have a simple room right now too and I love it. Easy to tidy, not much to get knocked off the wall, and nothing I would get "freaky" if they were messing with it.