Friday, January 29, 2010

{Thank-you Mr. Mailman and Mr. Craigslist}



What happens when a white cowhide rug that I was going to order a couple years ago finally gets delivered to my house?

It makes me motivated to finish the project of decorating the front entry/room.

It even made me want to change the room around a bit & add 3 lamps that I just picked up @ the thrift stores. As I sat there late last night observing the room, I realized that besides a few things, everything in the room had been thrifted and all had a story. Well actually the chrome faux bamboo tables came from Craigslist a few years back but weren't without a story. You see I started searching other cities that my sisters might live in. When I spotted the tables on Portland's Craigslist I knew they were mine. The only problem was who was going to pick them up...well sister of course and at least the tables weren't large like the faux bamboo dining chairs I had just persued there. She was such a sport and so was her husband as he packed them onto the plane....without the glass of course. She didn't even try to judge my craziness as I was still riding on the ticket that said, "Be easy on me I just had triplets". That's when a flood of memories came pouring in. I remembered that I was suppose to write the guy that started Craigslist a thank-you card because he provided so much for me in my life a few months after the boys were born when I felt stuck in the house but didn't want to take them out in public yet. We would drive all accross the Valley, everyone in tow. That was when I realized that there was so much I didn't know about the Valley. Craigslist helped me to feel free and not so stuck. The only problem was I dragged my Dad's truck into the scenario more than not. So today thank you Dad, sister, sister's husband & Craiglist. I have many items to prove that I benefited from your services.

AND it's BACK..didn't last long.


25 comments:

nest of posies said...

you are incredible!

love the newly arranged room. the few pops of strong color look beautiful.
you should do a craigslist commercial. seriously! write him a letter. i know he will be amazed, as all of us are.

Unknown said...

Your room looks great. What a generous family you have. The bamboo tables on an airplane, not so easy.

Vee said...

Wow, nicely done! The room looks goreous! =]

emily said...

I love this room. Very cozy & chic.

Jen said...

that room is beautiful. feel free to fill my house with your craigslist items when you're done with yours. love your taste!

Whitney said...

LOVE the change. Its really looks so good. Missed you. But thought about you the whole time.

Dayka Robinson said...

Tell them "thank you" from em, too. You would've been sad without those tables, and so would I. I LOVE them, and they're perfect in that space. I love all of those lamps you found, too. Never thought of using 2 standing lamps together, but I love the way it looks.

Liza said...

Your house is so pretty! Thrift stores out your way must be better than ours!

☂niki. said...

ooh...please post more pics of your house!

i'm in love.

LindsB said...

It looks amazing and I think that the fact that each piece has a story makes it an even more beautiful room!

Jeannine | The Small and Chic Home said...

It looks so beautiful! Congratulations!!

Sixty-Fifth Avenue said...

This is beautiful! I love Craigslist too. My last purchase was a settee I will have reupholstered for my dining room. You have an amazing eye for details.

Debbie said...

Yep, it definitely looks better the old way but it was nice for a change!

Rachael Sedory said...

LOVE this room!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!

-FringeGirl

ammon & Kim Riggs said...

It looks great, like always, with your special creative touch! I'm sad your hubby was out of town and I didn't know - lets get together!

angela hardison said...

looks so great. i'm still totally jealous of your piano (but going to look at a similar one next week!)

Laura Fuller said...

the room looks so alive! love it

Annie said...

Good job sissy! One more project to check off the list. Thanks Craigslist for making my sister so happy!

Annie said...

P.S. So did you write the letter?

Laura said...

LOVE your room - it looks fantastic! What did we ever do before Craigslist?

PS - you're not going to believe it, but you won the letter giveway! Random.org is your friend too! :-)

Do you want your 'B' white or black, or would you like another letter?

grant + brittany said...

i am so obsessed with this. ah!!

MerciBlahBlah said...

I big giant puffy heart this room. Love the green chairs, love the "outlining" in black of the curtains. Love love love.
merci!
Shannan

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

What a beautiful space. Those green chairs are divine!

Morgan said...

Love the sitting room - especially those beautiful green chairs! Wonderful job. Our home 95% Craigslist too :).

Morgan
PepperDesignBlog.com