Wednesday, February 18, 2009

A trail of thought leads to a shower.


As I was doing the dishes for the first time in a couple of days, I was trying to think of anything positive to keep my mind off the fact that every single one of my kids are sick and I have been a one woman band (meaning the other CEO of the home is also trying to be the CFO as well so hasn't been home @ nights) for what seems like an eternity.  Can't really blame him though. 

I started washing out the yogurt containers thinking it was a darn shame to be wasteful and throw them away.  "There's just got to be something I can use these things for...hmmm..they've got good shape", I thought.  That's when the idea for my next project came into my head.  My coping skills kicked into gear and again found myself forgetting about all of my worries by trying to create something else in my head with all of the trims I have hoarded over the years.  

Did I just say hoarded?  Am I a hoarder?  Hoarding sounds like a harsh classification but I do have lots of trims and notions that take up a full room and plus I've had it on the brain lately.  Especially after reading another article on the single lady who hoards children.  You know the one who just had octuplets after having 6 other children all under the age of something really young (in which two of the six were 2 year old twins and 1 was autistic).  I really appreciate the fact that she makes me feel really quite normal so that was good.  Thus far I may hoard fabrics and notions but I am no hoarder of children and I've almost established that I do not hoard water either since it had been a couple of days of no dishes.  Wait come to think of it had I even consumed any water today at all?  Another day without a shower and I certainly hadn't even come close to drinking my eight glasses a day.  That's when I decided to slap a great big award onto myself.  The award of the day goes as follows:

{Grand prize}
"Great water & yogurt container conservationist"


I feel so good about myself now that I've won an award, that I think I deserve to have a shower.  

Stay tuned for the transformation of the yogurt containers.  I have a feeling that they're going to bring much luck.

Now anybody who gets the point of this post deserves their own award.  

13 comments:

Rebecca said...

...i just had the same thought about some pringles containers...not that i let my children eat such garbage...but you know...if i happen to have andy lying around...wink,wink

Angie said...

You are not a hoarder, you are a collector. A collector of fine and beautiful things... trim, yogurt containers, children...
Your trim collection is lovely by the way! I'm looking forward to seeing the finished containers!

Whitney said...

Wooohooo!! I am so happy to be related to such a water conservationist. I am so excited to see what you make out of the yogurt containers. You are my idol in every way. Im sorry about your kiddos.

Courtney Vance said...

Oh Christina, you are so classy and the furthest thing from a hoarder. I always think of you when I hear about this octuplet mom and some of the discussions we've had. Don't even get me started on how irresponsible this decision was.

Jami said...

aren't conversations in your head the best!
I love that others talk with themselves often! It makes me feel better about myself...
Also, I love that you didn't do the dishes for 2 days....that is a weekly happening over at my casa
see u tonight

Robin said...

I understand you so completely today. My children are all whiny and sick as well and I have been biting my fist to keep from screaming. Also since I have runout of breastmilk much earlier than with the other babies, I have been collecting formula cans. I have no idea what I will do with them, but can't seem to throw them away.

Annie said...

No point necessary. Sometimes just pure stream of consciousness writing is the funnest to read. You're too funny and let me just set the record straight for your readers, you are not a horder, you are a collector. :)

Unknown said...

Awww, I so relate. I've been playing "single mom" lately as well and just when I'm about to break down, a similar stream of consciousness will enter my mind and give me a second wind. I've never actually presented myself with an award, but that's a pretty nifty idea!

Janice said...

I don't drink enough water at all.
I'm lucky if I get a glass in my stomach during a day. I really need to be better at it.
I can relate too when the kids are sick. It is so tiring but it can also be nice because they aren't running around. It's a toss up for me sometimes. Thanks for letting me peek.

☂niki. said...

haha. you make me laugh.

i'm dying to know what you're going to create...something great, of course!

Becca said...

Hi there,

I stumbled upon your blog a few months back and just now worked up the guts to finally let you know how much I love it! You are a great writer and I love your pictures. Such a sweet blog. =)

Becky@Beyond The Picket Fence said...

I just found you via Kimba and am so glad I did--I will be adding you to my growing bloglines list. I just posted yesterday on my blog about being stuck at home with sick kids and a sick husband. It hasn't led to any creative thoughts about food containers for me though Ü. Hope everyone is healthy soon.

Domestic Bliss & FOUND said...

Hey there!- Yes... we have scrumptious glitter... german glass too. Hope you are well. LOVE your blog.
xo
K