Sunday, February 8, 2009

Mirrors are Reflective.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

As I sat there cleaning all of my mirrored surfaces in my bedroom, I thought to myself why on earth would any Mom with kids have mirrored furniture and closet doors. Ok to give myself some credit we moved into this house with everything mirrored. Even the whole fireplace use to be mirrored and as for the mirrored nightstands I had those years before any of my kids could move around so it's not my fault. Now the chair I had recently reupholstered in white fabric last year, I am totally 100% responsible for. I already made a pact that if that chair has a mishap then I am not allowed to get mad. I couldn't help but reupholster it in white because after all that is my favorite uncolor color. If I were to wait until the kids left the house before I had anything white my hair would probably beat me to it. Let's not mention the whole age thing as I will be another year older soon. Ok now that we got the whole I will not get upset if the white gets ruined thing straight let's talk about the reflectiveness of all of my mirrors.

First I am so proud to have a clean room. Anyone who comes over can vouch that my room rates pretty high on the mess-o-meter so I forever preserved it's cleanness in a picture just case I forget what it looks like again. As I was cleaning my mirrored nightstands I could not believe the different array of hand prints. As I continued cleaning, a sudden rush of deep anxiety set in when I looked behind my bed and noticed my twin size nursing pillow was gone. I didn't remember moving it. Now, now don't worry I quit nursing 8 months ago but you don't understand that this thing was my lifesaver and without it I was nothing. Soon after I calmed down and realized I truly would never need it again I got down to the real root of the problem. You see, I'm not losing a jumbo size nursing pillow I'm loosing my babies. We are hitting a new frontier where babies turn into midgets. Oh man, take a breath. I am sad though, this may by it for babydom for ever. Time certainly hasn't flown to my house, it's flown somewhere far away, somewhere that I will never get the chance to get again. I continued to windex the furniture and when I got to the closet doors I couldn't do it. I couldn't seem to operate the windex bottle and my arm couldn't wax on wax off, so I left it for another day. At least I finally ditched the last of the maternity clothes...except for one thing just in case.

Photobucket

13 comments:

JECKBECK (Erin) said...

I love the picture of you in the mirror...you're even adoarble behind a camera. NO FAIR!

Annie said...

I was just thinking the same thing...the kids are turing into little people faster than I want them to. Vance is acting more like a older boy every day. Mimi is no longer a baby. My mind naturally turns towards adding to the family...I just wish I was fully ready for it. I know there are more, I just can't do it quite yet. I know it must be so hard for you to close the door on your child bearing years. You love babies so much...

onehm said...

I love your blog! So inspiring!
I know how you feel about your babies growing up. Mine is passing me by too...and it's so hard to not feel sad! But also excited for what is to come.

Your room is GORGEOUS!! :)

Debbie said...

Like mother like daughter!!
PS( It's good that you didn't wait for the chidren to grow up to do your white chair....because there's always grandchildren and then you would never do it.)

Amanda said...

I always thought that my last one would be a baby a little longer than usual, but the opposite has happened - he grew too fast and is running to keep up with the older kids :(

Angie said...

After silently stalking your blog for a while, I have to comment as I see you've found ours! I love reading your blog, Christina! What a life you have! Your kids are beautiful. I'm glad I'm not the only one who considers fingerprinted glass to be art! Your love for beautiful things is inspiring.

debra parker said...

I had those closet doors in my last house. Maybe I should start enjoying the hand prints that LIVE on the backseat windows of the car.

Kami Milliron said...

What is with the WHITE furniture when you have kids Fancy Vancie ?! Kristina has some white chairs in her living room too. Honestly ladies - are you nuts ; )

 Viv said...

Oh wow! How beautiful is your bedroom! I love love love the mirror above the dresser.

I have some mirrored furniture in my home too. It has a fine layer of dust on it at the moment because I can't seem to find the time to do a thorough clean with a 3 month old. There are also cat paw prints on it. From far you can't see them. Up close is another story :)

Great blog!

Viv xx

www.ishandchi.com

☂niki. said...

i love your mix of styles in your home! it keeps things interesting and fun. i still want to come see your house...

Whitney said...

Oh a clean room is always so refreshing. I love it when Zach and I's room is clean and tidy.

Hot Buns in the Kitchen said...

Oh... have more. Let's see, as it goes in your house, 2-3... 4! You could give quadruplets a try!!! You're good a multiples! And besides... they are rediculously cute! And if they're lucky they will look just like their parents! Stunning duo! And... anyone who serves birthday cake that looks like wedding cake to her babies and saves the mirror hand prints for another day really should be the one to populate half the planet... After all, how many mom's do you know that get into "their season" that much?! Whatever you do... Keep your options open. You never know what is around the corner! And maybe One more might be fun! hahaha... I'm not suggesting anything. I really do think you've done your part in procreation! You're my hero... fairy tale style!

Groovin' Grammy said...

Wow!! The media cabinet looks wonderful! I am glad you replaced the glass one that the boys liked to bang their toys and sippies on!!! I removed that glass shelf, but lo,the sippies fell to the next level!! Kind of surprised the boys as it hit the lower glass shelf!! I laughed at their reaction! Good move on your part!! You did a fantastic job! Both of you have more patience than we can even wish to have. Love & miss all of you.
Mom Brian