Thursday, February 12, 2009

Good things come is small packages..


{photo via Inchmark}

Yes good things do come in small packages even if "those small things" do find my keys to the car and push the automatic button to open the rear door when the garage is closed.  You'd think I'd learn my lesson by now to hide those keys.  The kids love getting a hold of them and pushing every button until they find the one that sets off the loud panic alarm.  This last time I heard a loud thud in the garage and when I opened the door to inspect I found the back door of the car lodged into the closed garage door.  I thought we were going to be stuck for a long time so we decided to make homemade Valentine's for preschool instead of worrying what Dad was going to say when he got home.

I was so pumped to make Valentines with the girls this year because there are only 12 kids in the class and  I found the cutest idea ever over @ Inchmark, who I want to take the time & thank (for project details go here).  I already had everything I needed from around the house except the matchboxes (which by the way are only 10 cents a piece and you actually get to save the matches for a rainy day).  It was a win win project.  The girls had a blast making these and they were so easy.  The girls colored doilies and glued them onto the cards, put stickers and cut-outs on the tags and boxes, then filled the boxes with the candy, which by far was their favorite part.  I think I'll save this idea for other things as well.  I am amazed we had enough candy to fill their boxes and bags with after they implemented the 5 for me and 1 for my classmate rule.

Photobucket

      PhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The little tag on the Valentine matchboxes say, "I think you are tweet".

P.S. - Later on after the project I figured out that if I started my car and pulled up just a little that I would be able to get the door shut on the car. Phew, just in time before daddy got home.  Now I'll still get the Valentine's date I've been dreaming of.  

17 comments:

Melanie said...

Super cute idea!!

☂niki. said...

ADORABLE! I want one! ;)

Kelli said...

Those are so cute! You amaze me everytime I read your blog -- how do you keep up with the kids, let alone have time for adorable projects!?! I am going to try to make some fun valentines like those, and also a birthday hat for Halli like the ones you made for your girls a little while back -- her bday is on Sunday. But I only have 1 girl and 1 boy, and who knows if the projects will happen! :) Yes, we have to have Blake set up a weight room at home since there's not much of a selection in good old SV! ;) Blake and I live in Afton, next door to Phil Grosgean (yipee!) in a brick house. Please stop by if you're ever in town, we would love it!

Whitney said...

cutest valentines ever!

Lisa Harris said...

Those were seriously so cute. I made my kids let me hold onto them. I also went and scoured Ross to find that dress. No such luck. I did however find baby L.A.M.B shoes for boys(my sisters) for $8. That was fun.

Kristina Johnson said...

Are you kidding? My brownie project was crap compared to these darling valentines. I'm transferring my title of mom of the year to you. :) Good job!

Annie said...

Very cute! I bet you had fun creating those. You find the best projects.

The garage incident reminded me of when Vance got the garage door opener and started opening and closing the garage door on my open lid of the Pilot. Yeah, there were scratches up and down my practically brand new car. I was so mad but had to step back and think, "he's just a kid." It reminds me of you and your "Say king...KONG!!!" Kids are just so innocent yet they get into so much trouble.

Have so much fun in Utah you love bird. Happy Valentines day. I love you so much.

Stacey Crewse said...

So, so cute! You are one crafty little lady!

Rebecca said...

I am now addmittedly addicted to your blog...thanks for sharing all of your cute ideas...i have used a couple of them and have passed them onto my sis and we make sure to send the kudos over to your blog...have a lovely day!

Shannon said...

You always do the cutest stuff!

Briana Ward said...

The Valentines are adorable!!!! It makes me want to make more valentines, although I might have a hard time getting my boys onboard, maybe if we did them with a star wars theme.

Aimee's Family Journal said...

K! Our Kung Fu Panda favors with complimentary tattoo, just don't quite make the grade! Shouldda known you'd do something darling!

PS. I am so freaking lame! If I mail you a stupid envelope, with you just send back my DVD's in it? I'll put postage on it and everything. I have gone into Mesa 2 times in the last few weeks with the goal of stopping by. But no. It didn't even cross my mind until I was in bed that night, that I forgot! Whaaa!

Liza said...

Christina, You crack me up. I love reading your posts. Seriously. I loved the Valentine idea! I helped Denmark make Valentines for his classmates from an idea that I got off of MarthaStewart.com and well we'll just say they are a little less than blog worthy. haha. I almost ran to the store to buy Spiderman valentines at the last minute, but Denmark worked so hard on his "pieces of art" that in the end, I really didn't have the heart. I love you, sissy.

JECKBECK (Erin) said...

Those are adorable! I am jealous...will you be my mother?

Alissa Melody said...

You are so creative I love it!! Such a fun idea!

Unknown said...

LOVE IT!! So cute and I only hope i can remember for next year!

Aislinn said...

hi there....I am one of the many who commented on your givaway post. I don't think it's "fair" that I can read your blog and you couldn't even see mine if you wanted so I thought I would add my email and I can send you an invite to my blog if you were interested. it is adm612@yahoo.com (I'm adding it under this post so maybe so many people won't see it.)I think our twin girls may even be the same age. Have a good one! Aislinn