Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The perfect silhouette of a lady. Happy Birthday Mom!




Photobucket


I have always loved cameos and silhouettes of ladies. When I look @ one it always makes me wonder about what really is behind the lady in the silhouette. Was she strong? Was she kind? You know all of the characteristics that exist behind great women. Well if I had a silhouette of my mother I would not have to wonder because I already know. I have had such a great opportunity to be not only raised but to be a dear friend to a most lovely lady who is beautiful inside out. She is the of kind lady who has great moral character & spiritual beauty.  In the movie Mary Poppins there is  part where she gets the measuring tape out to measure the children & they then in return want their nanny to measure herself  as well.  If you've seen the movie then you know that when she measures herself  her height comes out not as a number but instead it reads, "Mary Poppins perfect in every way."  That makes me think of my Mom.  Even if Mom is not totally perfect I still measure myself by her and if I am half the woman she is than I'm set.  She'll probably think that I am silly for saying that but it's really how I feel. I don't remember her having any tricks up her sleeve like Mary Poppins did when it came to picking up our toys but what she did give us were the tools necessary to thrive and survive this life.  She has taught by her example what it means to be a upright person.  She showed us how to pray, to love, to have hope, to honor & protect womanhood, to have integrity, to obtain knowledge, have charity, forgive, repent, and the list just goes on.  I'm pretty positive that because of her birth she will continue to leave a legacy and impact especially all of her progenitors.  I know I am a better person because of her.  I used to sit in church and feel so special because she wore a necklace that had charms of all of her children with our names engraved on them.  Actually I remember her wearing that necklace more than any others.  I wish I had a picture of her necklace to share on this very day.

Thank you so much for giving me the outline that I needed before I could fill in my own silhouette. I love you & have a great day Mommazita! To continue in your silhouette charm collection, I finally got around to starting your next generation of charms. They're on the way but awaiting being engraved.



Photobucket

Photobucket
.

 

Today I wish you this but without all of the toe fungus you got with your last pedicure 5 years ago, even though I know you will have no time for yourself and will be on your feet all day.

Photobucket
{Above photo via Virtual_Insanity photo stream on Flikr}
One last HOORAH of silhouettes in honor of birthday girl.  









{Top 5 photos via Country Living Online}

12 comments:

Aimee's Family Journal said...

You are so fancy, lady!!

Alissa Melody said...

Happy Birthday to mom!! I miss seeing that you have new posts! Ive missed out on so many, now i am going to have to get caught up!

Busy Bee Lauren said...

Happy Birthday to your mom :)

I am in love with silhouettes. I am going to be making them of each of the kids in my family for my mom's birthday. Here is hoping they won't suck! haha :)

Alissa Melody said...

whoa! That took a while haha, I just wanted to tell you that I think you are like the super super super mom. You are amazing, Im sure you already know that, but its still nice to hear. I am honored to be called your sister :)

Shari said...

Wow! You have some serious style. From the looks of your mom and sisters etc, the style gene has found a happy home. One thought for you....like mother, like daughter. (And PS- I remind my kids all the time when they forget to call me "your MAJESTY!"

Whitney said...

Happy birthday to mom!! She truly is a wonderful woman and mother and I look up to her so much.

P.s IM loving that wall of silouettes. hm... I think I need it in my house.

Mary said...

AMEN to that Sista! This one is a shout out to my mommy! Mom, Happy Birthday! I love you so much! I hope your day went well! You mean so much to me!!

☂niki. said...

your mom is beautiful, just like you! you are always finding a great way to tie your posts together. i especially love this one. and i even more especially love all the silhouettes!

Debbie said...

Wow, what a tribute...I wished that I deserved it but I loved it none the less! Thank you so much for making my day so special and making me feel like a million dollars!! :) I'm so glad that we are related and that I got the honor to be your mom!

Julie Rae said...

Hey Christina! I just blog surfed over from Stacey's blog and wanted to tell you how amazing all your creative adventures are! I'm in love with the crossstitch designs. Anyway, I heard about the thrift store extravaganza, and I want to join you guys next time!

Suz said...

Another dreamy post... didn't expect anything less... So happy birthday to your motha whom I swear I saw in the temple yesterday... Did I? Would that be right? She was talking on the phone like a worker lady! And yes... I've always thought she was beautiful! She hasn't aged much since we were in Jr. High... Unfair I think! But look what you have to look forward to. Lucky!

Annie said...

What a perfect post about a "practically perfect" woman. I love Mama. As I was reading it I thought, "Mom probably read this and didn't believe a word of it, because that's just the way she is." Her comment only confirmed what I thought. Mom rarely accepts a compliment yet she always replies with grace, humility and gratitude...just another reason why she is practically perfect.