Thursday, May 20, 2010

{selfish}

I just got done posting on my family blog and could not help but do short recap over here because after all those sweet children of mine are what truly make my house full as well as my heart. You ready for all this glamour....

Photobucket

I had gained 68 lbs. in hopes of having healthy triplet boys. It is hard to tell because I do not look as large as I was but I am wearing an extra large t-shirt that belonged to husband and those fine polka dot bottoms...well soon after that picture the crotch had ripped due to all of my expanding body parts...I had almost survived four months strict bed rest and couldn't even fit into many of my maternity clothes anymore. My girls were only two and I was a week and a half away from having very large triplets.

Today I realized that the above picture encapsulated some of the very last clear memories I've had over the last few years. I still remember these last three years but what has followed has been a whirlwind of surviving and I never knew how quickly time could fly by. The reason I thought about the above picture today was because I am trying to make sense of why it was so much easier to make peace with what was about to transpire with having triplets but can not seem to make peace with the fact that my girls are done with preschool. I do not want them to get bigger and I do not want them to go to kindergarten. Anyway I saved most of the emotions for the other blog but I am here to say that I think I might be selfish. I want to keep these kids little forever. My girl helped us to learn a lesson after her Dad expressed to her that he wanted her to quit growing and to stay little. Her response to him was "Dad, but if I don't grow bigger then I won't be able to get married and have children and I want to be able to love my children the way you love me." Darn it, why did she have to say that...at that moment that was not what I wanted to hear but needed to hear (there is a difference you know). It's all part of the Plan I suppose.

Anyway enough of all of that. I feel better now that I have posted about it twice...in fact I feel so much better that I may even start another blog just so I can write about it again (that's funny because I am not so good @ keeping up 2 blogs) Now onto the fun stuff....my kids in action at preschool. In case you are wondering I did not put the orange polka dot scarf on my child but I do like it...

Photobucket

17 comments:

Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

Christina you have such an amazing family, you know how much everyone admires you for being such a gorgeous mom of these amazing babies!

Annie said...

I love them! This is one moment when it's okay to be selfish.

Tim and Darcy said...

You look amazing!!! I looked nothing like this and I only made it to 29 weeks!

Unknown said...

You truly are wonder woman! Just amazing. BTW, is your family blog open to the public?

Melanie said...

Tell me about it!! My oldest is 11!!! How did that happen? And...my baby is now 1. I wish life had a pause button!

Alexa Mae said...

you are amazing girl! really. can i have an invite to your family blog...pretty please, with a cherry on top?

kelleyp said...

they do grow up fast. you thought the last few years were fast--now that they are in kindergarten it will zip by faster than you can prepare yourself for it! my oldest only has one more year of elementary school then off to middle school. and i feel like i just went to her first day in kindergarten--how can that be??? i always tell the girls that now that they are getting older i am preparing myself for grandchildren!

Unknown said...

Oh, I feel your pain...but probably not to the same extent yet. My son is turning 2 this fall and we are probably sending him to a Mother's day out program. I feel like after this it is all downhill! Preschool, kindergarten, middle school. Ahhhhhhh...he's not a baby anymore! As hard as it is for them to grow up, it's so wonderful to see them develop and learn and come into their own. At least you have a few more months of summer to enjoy them before their first day of Kindergarten!

angela | the painted house said...

What a sweet and telling comment by your daughter. You and Pops are doing a good job. :)

You know what my kid told me last night? First, the girl said, "You are the most beautiful woman in the whole world!" And my 6yo quickly followed up with, "Well, there are other women in the world who are AS beautiful as you are." Good, we certainly wouldn't want me to get a big head or anything at being THE MOST beautiful. Ha!

Looking forward to your third blog...

bazaarofserendipity said...

IM sorry but i had to laugh out loud at the xl tshirt and the ripped polka dot shorts!!! ;-)

How do kids get so darn smart. i swear the things they say! soo cute!

Bringing Lady Back said...

Oh, this was so tender. Thank you for sharing! My (not-so) little David turns 3 today, and I was having similar feelings of reluctance to see him growing up so quickly.

It's necessary, I suppose. Blast.

MerciBlahBlah said...

Awwww, so lovely - you and your family! I can't say that I looked as at peace as you do in that photo before I had my own trips, and don't know that I ripped out any shorts, but that's just because I kept ordering bigger and bigger clothes from Old Navy while I was in the hospital on bedrest. God bless the U.S. Postal Service!

I still have the clothes I ordered in a rubbermaid bin in our spare room, but I CANNOT bring myself to wear them anymore. It's like - nope - not going to be that big again, why wear the uniform if I don't have to!

Hugs, mamacita!
Shannan

Debbie said...

How fast they have grown!!

Dayka Robinson said...

great post and cute scarf--she's chic like her mama! :)

Whitney said...

Kindergarten? ugh! Your girls seriously say the cutest things.

Laura said...

Oh she is so wise!

PS. If you find anyone who invents the freeze ray, let me know and I'll do the same :-)

Party Heartee said...

Oh my goodness-that is so touching-that about brought a tear to my eye! Just wanted to say thanks so much for your blog! I love it! It's one of my top 5! Dunno how you do it all, but THANK YOU!