Thursday, May 27, 2010

Fresh Peach and Gingercream Shortcakes

Photobucket


Photobucket
Photobucket

Last week we went to pick peaches. I let the kids pick whatever peaches they wanted without saying anything about it not being a good one or not being ripe..Of course I tried to show them which ones were ripe and good but still we only got a handful that were actually edible. I kept having to say in my head, "All that matters is that they have little successes and build happy memories", so we went with that...hence crappy peaches (I have to repeat that in my head often because believe me it is much easier said then done). My camera stopped working before we got to the orchard which was a bummer because the kids all looked so cute carrying their little baskets.

Anyway with the few peaches that we did have I decided to use this recipe. I chose it because it called for ginger ale. To me ginger ale is one of the greatest inventions. I think I have had one everyday for a week now. If you decide to view the recipe I must warn you that these would be a great way to plumpen up any ol skinny kid because there is so much heavy whipping cream involved. I started to laugh when my girl said "Mom now we know how to make home made whipping cream" She was in charge of mixing the cream until it formed peaks and valleys. I love that she thought that making "home made" whipping cream was special.

9 comments:

Tshepo said...

Looks good! I really like that engage in exciting and unique activities with your children. You are right; they are sure to build wonderful memories. But can we also talk about the cute number you have on...where is from...you wear it oh so well!

Mande said...

Yum!! Wow, we are going to try this recipe! Love ginger ale and peaches. You are a wonderful mom to just go with it and have fun.

Unknown said...

Sounds like a lovely day discovering and what a good mom you are having patience even when it's REALLY hard. I still am fascinated by homemade whipping cream, so I see why your daughter thinks it's so special.
My hubs love peaches so I'll try this recipe. Thanks for sharing.

Full House said...

Tshepo...why yes we can talk about the cute little number I have on..it is vintage and is from a local shop here in good old Mesa, AZ. I think a current line should pick it up and recreate it though so that we could all have another one:-)

thank you so much for the compliment.

Dressing On The Side said...

perfect for summer! geez...can't remember the last time I ever had gingerale.

Amanda said...

Looks Delish-both you and the shortcakes! Can't wait to see you on the 4th.

angela | the painted house said...

Yum! I CANNOT wait for peach season here in the South. I eat obscene amounts. I always feel like Kramer on Seinfeld...if you are a Seinfeld watcher. You know, him and his fave peach. Anyway...

About your dress, I'd like to raid your closet, please.

Anonymous said...

Looks so yummy! We went peach picking 2wks ago and we came home with all non-ripe peaches :( We had fun and ate the peachy breakfast...yum!

Laura said...

Yuuuuuummmmmmmmm!