Tuesday, April 20, 2010

white part 1

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket{
{via here}
In theory white is my very most favorite un-color. I love it for its classic fresh clean beautifulness.

Unfortunately it will have to remain a theory in our home. Fortunately though I have 5 beaming, innocent, happy and glowing little children...who happen to have dirty and greasy hands. Did you know buttery popcorn hands on funiture is a no go. They love popcorn so much and request it every afternoon as a snack.....They also make my heart feel so warm that it may even burst into a big white puff ball with butter on top of it...they've got the whole melting thing mastered.

Photobucket


10 comments:

jeanette from everton terrace said...

Yes, lovely white. My last house was full of color, almost every room was a different one. I have left all the walls in my new home white and I love it. Don't know if I could ever go back to color. Obviously, I'm an empty nester!

Dayka Robinson said...

love that eat in kitchen--what a great place to start the day!

angela hardison said...

some days i feel like i love all white interiors. some days all i want is to be surrounded by color. multiple personalities? probably.

Laura said...

That is the best talent our children can have! :-)

Angie said...

Ooooh, I love white too. I am trying to figure out how to incorporate kid-friendly white into my decorating. White kitchen cabinets? Not so great. White walls? Not below chair rail level. White upholstered furniture? Not on your life.
Sigh.
I guess I'll have to stick with white accessories...

Unknown said...

I want to see more pics of your home!

Grace @ Sense and Simplicity said...

That last popcorn-munching picture is my favourite of the lot. The thing I love about white interiors is how the books or the view out the window are the show-stopper. That being said, I could never have a white house - way too many messy people around here as well.

Kera said...

fabuloso. i made the mistake of buying a creamy white linen sofa...it is now a wonderful shade of grey. i see leather in my future.

Annie said...

I love, love, love that glass room. Drew has been looking in archetecture mags and found something similar that he fell head over heels for. I can't wait to design my own home.

Lindz said...

I love, love, love white and especially the white and black combo. I commend this house for staying white and dust and dirt free.