Tuesday, April 13, 2010

easy on the eyes (Angela from TPC)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


The only thing better than looking at pictures of a beautifully decorated space is looking @ pictures of a beautifully decorated "REAL HOME". Let me introduce my friend Angela. I am in awe at what she has been able to accomplish on such a budget. She is a DIYer and an artist with an incredible eye. Anyway, you really do need to go check out her blog because this week she is giving us the tour of their cottage in Appalachian Mountains and you will not be disappointed.

A few key notes to the above:

*Artwork was done by Angela
*Craigslist
*Garage sale
*Antique malls
*IKEA
*Home Goods
*Outlets
*DIY Painting
*DIY Reupholstering

And all of this while handling her bustling children...my kind of girl. Of course, she points out that she is still not finished and has many more things she wants to add to the above room...sound familiar to anyone? Well I think it looks smashing.

Ok fine one last picture to serve as a sneak peak to what's going over @ Angela's blog as she gives us the tour of the cottage...only because it inspires & I liked it extra special. In fact I would post more pictures from her home because I love it all but alas I better let you hop on over to Angela's blog to see more.

Photobucket

To see more of Angela's work visit her blog here.

Thanks Angela for letting your talent grace this blog.

Photobucket
{above photo by Matt Odum}

Yep in case you were wondering the above is Angela and she is as easy on the eyes as her home is.
Angela - I hope you don't mind that I posted the above picture...can we still be friends?

15 comments:

Kera said...

this is great! I'm dying to know where she got her coffee table. Looks real, and livable! good work!

Full House said...

Kera..it was an antique mall find.,,awesome, right?

Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

love it, I love real homes, feels so lived in and gorgeous and she is gorgeous too!

angela | the painted house said...

Thank you, Christina, for the post. Sure, you can propagate all the photoshopped images of me that you want. It's better than real life. ;)

Thank you, Kera and Helena, for the love!

Amanda said...

Christina, you, your gorgeousness, your gorgoues home, and your stunning friends with stunning homes... make me smile. Lucky ladies you are. :)

jeanette from everton terrace said...

I want the two orange chairs, the two grey lamps, her earrings, dress and possibly her hair!

LindsB said...

This is amazing!! I cant believe this was done on a budget- it looks totally high end! Way to go Angela!

Tiina said...

i love the lamp shades!
have a sweet day :)
tiina
www.elcestockholm.blogspot.com

paula said...

her home is gorgeous as is she. Love the art.

Amy @ Varnish said...

I am SO jealous of Angela's house! Thanks for sharing!

Sarah Esther said...

love the home tour! great design too!

Scott Jensen said...

I love it!

Laura said...

All I can say is wow! It's fantastic!!

Unknown said...

such lovely spaces for a lovely lady.

Dayka Robinson said...

beautiful place, beautiful woman!