Wednesday, April 28, 2010

green with warmth

Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket

As I sat there ironing this little girl's shirt with the large bow on it I thought that the timing to thinking she had a heart that is rather large for her small frame was rather apropos. I love that the large bow sits right over that warm spot in her chest. As she put on the freshly ironed shirt she said, "Thanks Mom, this nice warm shirt makes me feel so good". Funny thing was that we both were feeling warm & good at that very same time but in different ways.

From this day on I vow to look @ ironing in a whole different way...I may even like doing it a little more (at least for today).

P.S. - Is it weird to see pictures of interiors flash through one's head as they iron the above shirt because they matched?

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

{via Simply Seleta, CC Interiors, InStyle}

11 comments:

autumn said...

what a sweet story. maybe there is hop for me to love ironing one day? or at least not completely dread it and avoid it at all costs...
i love that picture of kelly wearstler and her kids. very glamorous and completely unrealistic, but i like that it portrays motherhood as something beautiful.

bazaarofserendipity said...

that is just too cute for words! she is a doll, as are all of your kids! and you take the cutest pictures of them~ so blessed!

Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

aaaw really??? what a cutie!!

Nancy's Notes said...

Oh my, what a precious story! Your little one is darling.

Nancy

Jessica @ Lavender and Lilies said...

such a sweet post!

Linz said...

So yum Christina...love it all! Hope you got my email, I am thinking of gardens right now! Email or call me!

angela said...

unbelievably cute~ i love the bow! i love how you wrote a positive view on the color green.. usually it's always about evil or envy or money, but i really love how you made it warm and homey. this is probably the first time i actually thought green was warm.. and looking at all these pictures, it really is! :)

Anonymous said...

That was really sweet.

-FringeGirl

Unknown said...

good god, she is cute. and i think the interiors flashing before your eyes thing is normal... i hope so at least!

by Caroline Utsey Shook said...

that just made me smile big! she is absolutely adorable!

Laura said...

She is DARLING!!