Monday, August 4, 2008

Anybody like vampires? Girls get away!!!

Anybody read the Stephanie Meyer Twilight books? Seriously, I can not believe how many people have jumped on the band wagon. My Mom and all of my sisters have read the whole series. When they announced the release of the final book of the series my family was so excited that they used it as an excuse to have a girls get away. Even though I did not order a book oh yes I was @ Barnes & Noble with the family & yes it was midnight and yes there were bunch of crazys (maybe I should not say crazys but devoted fans who like to dress up and stuff). Hey anything was worth hanging out with the girls though. We stayed @ the historic Biltmore Resort. Since I like the architecture and design of Frank Lloyd Wright, then you can imagine I was very excited to check this place out. It was so much fun playing by the pool. It really didn't matter where we were as long as we had each other. I think the highlight was when my Mom presented us with a gift that was definetly a labor of her love. She made us our own personalized bags for the 1st annual Vance girls get together. They are beautiful and I can't believe how much work she put into them. I sure love my Mommy. Can't wait for next year.



Thanks to all that made this event happen!! Especially Waylon @ home with all kids.


Biltmore Resort..very Frank Lloyd Wright.




Somethings never change.


The night just begins @ midnight.


Crazy that there was a life size chess set. Perfect photo opp with the release of the new book.



Fun in the sun!


9 comments:

Melanie said...

That looks like so much fun!! Can I be a Vance sister???? :-) What great pictures!! And those purses are totally cute!

Shelly said...

How fun to get to hang out with ALL your sisters. Im so jealous. I sure was there at midnight and it was way too crazy for me. I read the book in 2 days and loved it. I would have given up the reading time to be by the pool in the sun hanging with the girls-thats for sure!! I bet it had been fun with Annie back in town. Tell her I said hi. Your mom is way talented-LOVE the purses!!

Anonymous said...

And Jason our cabana Boy from Australia wasnt too bad either. Im glad he picked his sparkly blue speedo that day. Hee hee hee!

Whitney said...

aww man! Zach was signed into his account. That comment was really not him but me!

Natalie Hall said...

Hot Mammas!!!!!!! I am so glad you got to go with the girls. You are wonder Mom, and have to do that in order to keep above water. Everything looked so fabulous, and the pictures are wonderful of course.

The family photo with the children are priceless, WOW!!!! I will say that always....

Jenny said...

Oh, that looks like fun. I love the pictures, esp. the chess one! Hillarious! Thanks for finding me!

Michelle said...

So fun! What a great idea! I love the purses your mom made! How cute!!

Stacey Crewse said...

I'm totally with the comment at top, Can I be a Vance sister too?? Love the pictures, what a fun night/day!

Cheryl said...

Looks like a great time with the girls. I'm so glad you were able to spend time with all your sisters and your mom. What a fun tradition to get together each year! Loved all the cute pictures!!