Wednesday, June 23, 2010

{stencil and a sharpie}

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Remember that beautiful kitchen I posted about yesterday? Well those same designers also had the opportunity to stage a 3000 square foot home. I read that when it came to the master bedroom they faced a major dilemma with no more money and a lack of time. They needed a headboard so within 24 hours they created a stencil and with a Sharpie pen they went to work. It cost them $22 and took 9 hours to complete. I don't know about you but it inspires me to go pick up some metallic Sharpies and do something with my life:-). You can go here to read more details about how they made the stencil.

6 comments:

nest of posies said...

are you kidding me?
beautimous!

the thing is the 9 hour part & a steady hand. YOU could so do this. you have such a gift for detailed work & a steady hand with your hair jewels!

Laura said...

That is an simple yet amazing idea!

autumn said...

wow! such a brave move with really great payoff!
and i want that mirror in one of the photos! it is fabulous!

LindsB said...

This is crazy cool!! I am totally saving this idea to use one day!

Unknown said...

that is bananas.

Holyoke Home said...

That's AMAZING!