Monday, February 8, 2010

{light}





One of my very most happy moments of the day happens when dawn turns 
into day. I love opening the blinds to see the first part of daylight.  
The part of daylight where it is still quiet in my home. It also becomes 
quiet at night once the kids are are all snuggled tightly into there beds 
but the quiet and stillness of the morning is different. It's a fresh 
new day with the prospects of so many things. I get a new chance at 
accomplishing things and exerting that patience that I know is deep down 
in my soul but has to be uncovered as I unravel my flaws, layer by layer.  
I have so many flaws that really do seem to get in the way @ times.  
What I have come to realize is that I can only try my very best and with 
the help of my God, He will help with the rest. I love light.

Well today my computer goes into the shop. Which I feel fine about 
because I will focus on a couple things like my gallery wall in our 
entry way. Still trying to decide if I will hang the pictures directly 
to the wall or set the pictures up on ledges. Also I will be on the 
hunt for some new light fixtures. The challenge is going to be finding 
inexpensive light fixtures that still look good.




{via Skonahem}
If I were really smart I should probably screw the picture frames 
to the wall.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the idea of photos on ledges. However, with a toddler, I'm afraid of the pics falling onto the child. So I screw them all onto the wall.

###### said...

I agree..I love that quiet time to...its rainy here right now though..BUt that time is an exhale moment for sure...I love the light to so I understand.

Room to Inspire said...

Great photos - I too love the morning right when the sun comes up...unfortunately in the Seattle area, there tends to just be clouds most of the time! I must say, I always feel the most productive early in the morning and love the prospect of what the day may hold.

Chelsea

Whitney said...

Although it is beautiful, sometimes I wish I didnt see it every morning. Cause usually it isnt quiet. Oh the choice on how to hang your pictures. I love both way.

Laura said...

How about doing a combination of both? Either way you do it, it will look great. I don't think you can make a bad choice here! :-)

Speaking of flaws and trials, one of my favorite quotes(it's from one of the general authorities but I can't remember who) is:
"All the strength you will ever need is within you now. It was put there by your Creator who knew very well what you would face in life and made you equal to it."

I love new days. So much can happen! :-)

Kirsten Krason said...

The first thing I do in the morning (after getting dressed) is open all the blinds. I love seeing the light pour in.

Unknown said...

i hope everything is ok with your computer! i know i'd be a little freaked out. at least you have a fun project to work on and lots of lovely inspiration in blogworld to come back to!

Alexa Mae said...

I agree, i love the light in the morning. i love hanging pictures both ways, but with my kids around, the ledge never works out for too long. (you know what i mean, right?)

Annie said...

So classic! Either one is a beautiful look that you will make look even better.

I love opening the blinds in the morning too. If only I could get up a bit earlier so that the morning light would be accompanied by silence too. :)

Anonymous said...

I can't get past the fact that you're up when dawn is turning into day! I'll never quite understand you morning people. ;-)

I think your photo wall will look incredible. Can't wait to see it.

-FringeGirl

boops said...

i like dawn too...time just seems to stand still for just a few precious moments (sigh)

Shannon said...

I love it when the house is quiet too. I have time to gather my thoughts and possibly be 1/2 step in front of the kids (yeah right!). Although it doesn't happen often, I LOVE to have my coffee before the house starts rumbling.
Shannon in RAINY Austin

Home Sweet Seattle said...

Everything you do is beautiful! You are also reminding me that with every morning comes new possibility. Very beautifully put. Just linked to you in my blog :)
Jen @ www.homesweetseattle.blogspot.com

paula said...

ooh yes. very pretty.

nest of posies said...

it is one of my faves to do first thing in the morning as well. love opening those blinds or pushing back the drapes...poor neighbors.
i am starting my hallway project(s) - which will hold a gallery wall, as well. i am sure yours will be just gorgeous.

sanjeet said...

...I love the light to so I understand.
Make website india