Tuesday, February 9, 2010

make believe v-day party



If I were to throw together a Valentine's Day party...the above would serve as inspiration.
Something about those tall candlesticks and golden spoons and forks and knives...and fine..those
colors and stripes aren't too bad either.

Instead I'm making 80 matchbox Valentines for a church party tonight. Yes I am doing the same exact 
thing that I did last year for the girls classmates for all of my lovely church going friends. I couldn't help 
it because things in mini packages so cute.



Go here for a really cute twist on the matchbox Valentine.  You could cut a black and white picture and put it onto the top of the box.

P.S. - Not a good idea to do the above project in large amounts.  If I were smart enough I would have thought ahead about what to do with over 1500 matches.  They are in our storage but there is no way we will ever use that many in the history of all camping excursions or lighting of any kind of fires.  Anybody accept match donations?

15 comments:

Unknown said...

as a new reader i'm quite happy you're doing the same project again. this way i get to see your super cute project without scrolling back a year in your archives!

casapinka said...

I love these. I wish I were in your girls' class, I really do!

autumn said...

just darling!
i love everything about them. sweet and classy and adorable and elegant.

Opie Dawn said...

Darling little vday gifts!

Busy Bee Lauren said...

So cuuute!

Anonymous said...

Those are adorable! It must have taken you forever to get them all done though. Very cute and memorable.

-FringeGirl

LindsB said...

I cant believe you are making so many of those, You are so good!!

Liz Stanley said...

thanks for the link to my valentines find :) also, reading about your matchbox valentines. i love them but wondering what you do with the bazillion matches you don't need? seem like a fire hazard to throw them out?

nest of posies said...

i think these are the most "tweetest" things i have seen out there. but no surprise coming from you my friend! such detail, girlfriend, but again that is you too! i hope your computer comes home soon! i will miss you!

Laura said...

Wow! That is quite the solo project!

Your post made me laugh when you talked about all the matches! I can see the mound in my minds eye and it makes me smile! Maybe you can donate some to the boy scouts for their next campout?

jeanette from everton terrace said...

I am going to be thinking about what to do with matches all day! If someting comes to me, I'll let you know. Love this idea, yous are VERY cute.

Whitney said...

I hereby vow to be like you forever. How do I get started?

Lisa Harris said...

These were so fun last year. I saved the girls because there was so much heart put into those Valentines. You are such a little talent lady.

sanjeet said...

I wish I were in your girls' class, I really do!
Make website india

Shannon @ DoveNest28 said...

I came to your blog through a photo on pinterest, and glanced around while I was here. Laughed at the story about being out with 3 hungry boys (I had 3 kids in 3 1/2 years so I understand a little of that), and loved the little matchbox valentines, but laughed outloud about what to do with all those matches! Just wait, as the mother of 2 teenaged boys, give your boys a few years, they will know what to do with them! Enjoy!