Wednesday, December 2, 2009

the shop...

Photobucket
Here's the scoop...I use to sell hair accessories and shoes in boutiques.  Then I got pregnant with the triplets & it was a done deal.  Well back when I was trying to come up with a name to call my little endeavor, I thought I had settled with one, until my sister called me the next morning saying that she had a dream about what to name my little thing.  She started laughing and said that it should be "Madame Pumphrey".  I thought it was a little silly sounding but as the day wore on it kind of grew on me.  The name presented a good mix of refinement & whimsy.  I think the two words that establish my vision would be "granny chic".  Modern glamour mixed with vintage handicraftness.  Pretty much all of the pieces that I make have been and are adorned with a sparkly jewel....hence the glamour.  Other elements like vintage trims, ribbons, netting, tulle, felt & appliques bring in an element of edge & crafty-ness.

Well I am so excited to share the below pictures my friend Michelle from Sweet Moments Design took. Perhaps I've mentioned her before:-)  Honestly I had never thought about doing a full on photo shoot just for some little clips and bands but one day as I was on the phone with my dear friend Michelle I just blurted out, "Want to take some pictures of my hair accessories".  She replied by saying "yah when".  I then said, "How about in a couple days".  "OK", she said & that was that.  Rather than taking just a quick couple of shots of the product we opted for a FUN, creative, image setting shoot.  I lined up a blonde model and a dark model (who also happen to be dear friends).  At the last minute my little dark haired friend couldn't make it so of course who else was going to step in, tis I.  Almost every single outfit that I brought were vintage and purchased @ thrift stores.  One of the dresses only cost one dollar bill.  I love the thrift store.

Honestly when Michelle sent me the photos I couldn't believe what a beautiful job she did.  I think somebody should hire her to shoot for a creative catalog or something.  If you have a vision or need somebody that does have vision, then perhaps you should consider her for your next photography session.  She loves to travel too.  I've heard she would even consider going to Hawaii just to take your pictures...if she must.  If you want to see more of Michelle's work then go here

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Well without out further ado I present Madame Pumphrey the Etsy store.

I started out last night by posting 11 items. I have quite a few more that I need to post so if you don't see something that tickles your fancy then check back.


Again thank you so very much for your interest, nice words and support. It means the world. Man I tell you what, every time I've got the blues I'm going to do a give away.

Love,

Christina

P.S. - To whoever bought the below, thank you for being my very first Etsy sale. It will be in the mail with love.

Photobucket

28 comments:

Megan Lee said...

I just wanted to say congrats on your Etsy shop and that all the items are beautiful. Those photos that your friend took are absolutely amazing! Good luck with everything :)

Shannon said...

I am so excited you are doing this! I want them all! And next Wed. lunch sounds great! Email me and we can plan the details. shannoncrandall6@yahoo.com

Beth@The Stories of A to Z said...

Congrats on the opening of your store! Gorgeous items and absolutely beautiful photos. Love your blog by the way. I'm a new follower :).

Stacey Crewse said...

Wahoo!!!!!!

Congrats on the Grand Opening!

Now you have made many girls dreams come true!
Much love, and who are those super CUTE models?! Oh what fun we had! ;)

Jessica @ Lavender and Lilies said...

I love those flowers. Gorgeous!

Sarah's Fab Day said...

Love it! I can't wait to check it out. :)

gina said...

Christina-

I have only recently found your blog and I absolutely love it...it's so chic and inviting.

I too have an Etsy shop where I too sell my hair accessories and I must say, yours are gorgeous. They are inspiring and make me want to log-off and start creating new designs!

Also, you are lucky to have such a fantastic photographer, I would love to have her take photos of my designs.

All the best in your new endeavor!

Wanderings of a Wannabe said...

wowowow...I WILL BE BUYING ONE SOON!! congratulations on opening your shop, you will do so great!

angela hardison said...

amazing photos, styling, accessories... i love the name of the shop and i especially love the photo of you in the antlers (and that dress!!). congrats!

Kendal said...

Well first of all can I say you are so gorgeous!!! Second it is amazing to me how a little felt, tule, and something shiny can make one so happy. I have my eye on the two purple flowered headband. Please Santa, I've been really good! Good luck to you and many blessings!

☂niki. said...

the pictures are fabulous.

your stuff is so unique and charming!

way to go.

Angie said...

Ha! I've been excited for your store to open and, lucky me, I happened to log on opening day! I couldn't resist snatching up my favorite so Brett could get it for me for Christmas. Tee hee! I love it and can't wait for it to come. I needed a little pick-me-up today!
Oh, and I love the photos. You are one HOT mama!

Michelle said...

Seriously, you are the nicest! I don't know if I deserve all this praise, but I sure do love it!

Congrats girl, I know you'll do great - spreading joy one hair accessory at a time ;-)

paula said...

you are freaking gorgeous lady! LOVE it all.

Ms. Bright said...

These pictures are unbelieveable! They're totally on the level of anthro! And can I just ask...how is it possible that you've had 5 children?!?!
I can't wait to shop you etsy store! It may have to be post-Christmas, but I'll definitely be there!! There's so much to love!

Molly said...

Okay the photos are darling and your clips are soooo cute!! I can't wait to buy some to adorn my little girl on the way!

Laura said...

Congrats on your shop and I LOVE the photos! I'm so excited for you!!

Rashon Carraway said...

As always,

Your friend here in South Carolina enjoys all of your beautifull posts.

I wish you the best in yout etsy store!!

Bringing Lady Back said...

New ventures are so exciting! Congratulations on opening your etsy shop.

Your items are fancy and fun. Love.

Day by Day Design said...

Love it! Once my blog is back up I cant wait to blog about your new shop!!

Opie Dawn said...

Congrats on your Etsy shop. Lovely products and fantastic photos!

Whitney said...

WOoohoo!!The pictures are fantastic! I love that accessory. That was the one I was telling you I loved the most. hint, hint. love you!!

Abby Hunter said...

Christina, your flowers are GORGEOUS...and so were the models and photography! ;) Congrats on your ETSY shop. I will stop in for a visit and maybe even some shopping when I get another break!

ammon & Kim Riggs said...

Yeah, I love the pic's, you are beautiful & sorry i couldn't make it....your a much better brunette than I! I'm very glad to know the store is up and going, i will visit promptly! Love ya, for a 100 reasons!

ammon & Kim Riggs said...

Yeah, I love the pic's, you are beautiful & sorry i couldn't make it....your a much better brunette than I! I'm very glad to know the store is up and going, i will visit promptly! Love ya, for a 100 reasons!

Laura said...

I blogged your shop! :-)

vmichelle said...

These are so lovely. I actually looked for some in your Etsy shop but as I have red hair I didn't think the pink ones would look as nice. I'd love something aqua or peacock though! I like the name "Madame Pumphrey" too, very evocative.

Kacey's View said...

I can't wait to buy something! Hey I posted that picture of you and your girls "baking" on my blog if you want to see! I love how it turned out. Thank you again!!