Thursday, December 3, 2009



I'm still learning that you have to pick your battles & so yes I let my girl wear an elf hat to school today (I thought it was cute) and yes her teacher said that she was a very "unique child".  I agree, except maybe teacher & I's definitions of "unique" are a little different.  I just hope she is as confident in high school as she is now and would still wear an elf hat if that's what she felt good about.  Now on to teach her what doing good in life really means.  Motherhood really isn't such a cinchy job after all. 

***Oh and it just dawned on me but I didn't say when I was going to pick a winner.  Hmmm, how about if the name is picked tomorrow afternoon***

8 comments:

Mommy, I'm Home said...

Oh, but she makes a very cute elf...

Ms. Bright said...

God love her! May she stay "unique" and happy to be so!

{Come on teacher. I mean, what's wrong with a little Christmas spirit?!}

René said...

Thank you for sharing this. It is always good to start off with confidence as the middle school years can do a number on us.

Oona Johnson said...

I was always "different" and "unique" in grade school. Keep supporting her choices and remember to praise her for being her (as I am sure you will). And tell any teacher who is condescending to take a leap.

Alexa Mae said...

christina,
that picture and your words make me so happy. you are an AMAZING mom and i just learned a little something from you. how very sweet that is and what a great memory she will have knowing that her mother let her be whatever she wanted to be. it is not a cinchy job but you are doing everything right. xoxo

Whitney said...

ha ha. Maile kills me everytime. She is so stinking cute!

Marketing Unscrambled, Home edition said...

So Cute! What a great way to be. Yourself. You do not always have to fit in. In this world sometimes you need to stand out by being confident enough to do what is right. That is not always easy. This will help her stay on the right track later on.

When everyone else is showing to much skin, getting tattoos and other things. She will be able to withstand the pressures of others.

You are doing great as a mother. Keep up the good work.

Dan and Deanna "Marketing Unscrambled"

rebekah said...

That is totally going to be me with my little girl, but she loves "hair pretties". Much like yours and I can't wait to purchase one on your store. Can't wait for the giveaway results:). Congrats on your many blessings:)