Sunday, August 9, 2009

Summer cherries & a game.



My little smiley eyes girl told me the other day that when she grew up she wanted to have 10 babies, all girls. She is naturally the nurturing type so I'm sure if that is what she really wants when she grows up then she can do it. I've noticed that she always pays special attention to me which keeps me on my toes (actually makes me nervous). If I can teach her anything I hope it is how to truly love and use our Savior as the key example. Being able to love that way I believe keeps are hearts humble & soft. I myself have not mastered this concept yet although I feel I was born with a natural talent to love. I'd like to think that being able to love can be classified as a talent. In that case, it's my talent I like the very most & hope to never loose but only learn to build upon as I progress in age because it is not always easy to do.

Well speaking of progress, did you realize that we are almost at a close of summer as we head into the month on September? With summer closing in, my children's eating habits have also closed on their desire to eat fruit & veggies. It's been like pulling teeth to get any of natures candy to fall onto the palette of my kid's mouths. Seriously we have tried the tactic of bribing, threatening, & telling them they will get big muscles so that thy can play longer. And yes we do refer to fruit in our house as nature's candy (husband came up with that) but it's finally lost it luster & excitement. In my attempts to get the girls back on board I turned eating fruits and veggies into a game.

















At least for one of my kids it seemed to work.  She even got the wild card that said she got one trip with Momma to get ice cream @ the store.  The other cards were for a trip to the store with Mom to pick out a fruit/veggie of their choice.  Wish me luck on part 2 of the game. 

P.S. - Did you know I was kind of crazy when it comes to color coordinating....or maybe I'm just plain crazy.  Either way I can't help it.  Sometimes I do it without even realizing.

9 comments:

Liza said...

Cute as always. And I do think that loving is a talent--keep it up--you've got enough kids to keep you busy for a long time!

Busy Bee Lauren said...

You are entirely too cute..and very inspiring. Your blog is my favorite!

Marketing Unscrambled, Home edition said...

Just as with our parents, there are times when they did not like what we do. That does not mean that they stop loving us. But the Lords love is not unconditional. It is, He said "if you love me Keep my commandments." That is a condition.

Keep up with the game it sounds like a good one. It is always hard to get them to eat right. Sounds like a good way to do things.

Dan and Deanna "Marketing Unscrambled"

Debbie said...

cute idea and cute little girl!

Whitney said...

you are so creative. Can I have a trip to get ice cream with you too?

Rhonda said...

Oh my gosh! that's such a good idea! Yazee is terrible about eating...anything! Hmm.. might have to steal this idea.

Mary said...

haha! That's great! I'm glad Maren got the trip to get ice cream!! That was a really good idea! I like that game!

Rhonda said...

By the way, I can't remember if I said this already (if I did, ignore this..) but I'm going private let me know if you want an invite. Oh & I would love one for yours if you can spare an invite..

Annie said...

Your brain only works in technicolor. When it comes to life, you think everything in color, that's why subconsciously everything is always coordinating. It's cool.
Sorry the kiddos aren't eating their fruits and veggies lately. They go though stages like that. But as you know, if you are consistently presenting healthy choices, they'll come back to their greens with new love and passion because they really are the best!
At least you got a fun cute game out it. Very clever and super cute.