Tuesday, August 25, 2009

A quick & easy creative..Hello Kitty made me do it.





Man being a parent requires so much creativity. Not just the kind of creativity that is well thought out but also the kind that has to come quickly.  

I wonder how many times I say "NO" in a whole day. Actually I don't think I want to know because it wouldn't be pretty. 

Today I glanced quickly over @ Hello Kitty sitting so calmly on top of the chalkboard after I had just hollered to the girls to come @ eat their food for the twentieth gazillenth time.   It was then & there that I decided to recruit Hello Kitty to take over as "Mom".  Out of desperation I finally yelled out, "Girls, Hello Kitty said you need to come over to eat lunch".  Well to preface a bit, Hello Kitty isn't a normal visitor in our home but she came over late last night after a trip to Wal-Mart to help Momma get the girls to listen & obey, if you know what I mean.   I told them that they had to work to get Hello Kitty to come down & if by Friday they were good girls then they could have the Pez.  Of course their ears perked up when I mentioned Hello Kitty in the whole come over & eat jargon (I only use the word jargon because clearly to the girls my language is just pure gibberish).  Anyway Hello Kitty continued to make all sorts of appearances & used me as her translator.  Together we said things like, "Hello Kitty says no" or "Hello Kittty thinks it is time to now take a nap".   It was so nice to put some of the "mom mantle" on that cute little cat with a bow in her hair.  If this continues to keep working Hello Kitty has a permanent place to stay, I say.  Now if I could only teach her to change diapers, cook & fill up cups & sippies all day then we would be set.
 
Want to see what else Hello Kitty made me do.....



well she made me buy a white t-shirt for $5.00 last night because it seemed liked a nice shirt to add the fun beaded thing to.  You see after I saw a few of the beaded shirts at J. Crew & being as cheap as I am I couldn't resist this little project.  Now I won't be as upset when Manny, Moe or Jack rips the beads off & then I will think to myself, "I'm sure glad I didn't fork over the $125 for that beaded shirt I fancied so".  

This little craft goes down in the record book as the quickest & easiest one ever.  Remember the little field trip I went on a few weeks ago with my friend to one of my favorite places?  Well it is called SAS fabrics by the pound and I picked that beaded thing up for a whole dollar.











Ok not quite the same but who cares mine was $6.00 & now I think I will go look for some more embellishments because that is what Hello Kitty would want.

29 comments:

Unknown said...

Love hello kitty idea... I may use her on my girls... they love hello kitty! Also, LOVE the shirt.... yours by far is the best missy. Now come over and make one for mwah too.... pretty please.... with sugar on top? Hello kitty said to. Ha! Have a good day Tiny!

Cheryl said...

Very cute T-shirt. I love yours the best too! You are so creative and crafty. Wow that is quite a deal for a dollar. You seem to always find the best deals!

Jenni said...

I think your T looks way better than theirs. Great job...and I'm LOL at Hello Kitty steppin' up for you...

Amy Lou said...

I think I need to make a trip out to SAS Fabric by the pound!!! You are so darling and SO creative! Hello Kitty would be VERY proud :)

Abby Hunter said...

I think you're awesome. That's all I have to say.

Unknown said...

LOL...love the hello kitty idea. Sometimes you have to pull out all the stops, I know! Your t-shirt is just adorable!!

:) T

Anonymous said...

I just love your blog - and all your creative ideas - and your spunk! Last line in the blog is classic. =D

Jami said...

you ROCK!!!! PLEASE lets get together and make that for ME!

Aislinn said...

how adorable are you?!

great shirt and great idea.

Whitney said...

Hello Kitty told me that you were the best and that I need a shirt like yours. Im just telling you what she told me. Did you use the magic glue to put it on?

Stu and Angie Milne said...

wow SO CUTE and creative! I actually like your shirt better, especially the price!

Michelle said...

Girl, we must be on the same wavelength cuz I just whipped me up some quicky fashions the other day... i'll be posting pics on the blog soon...

Full House said...

Ok everyone I think you are being way too nice because the j.crew versions are pretty neat.

as always I really treasure every single comment...thank you.

Marketing Unscrambled, Home edition said...

What a good idea. Hello Kitty is now mom's little helper.

Those shirts are so cute. Keep up the good work.

Dan and Deanna "Marketing Unscrambled"

Melanie said...

It really is a super cute shirt! You are so creative!

Scott Jensen said...

Hello kitty?....more like HELLO Christina! Can you please make me one of those shirts?

TALKING YOUTH SOCCER in said...

Adorable--price effective and fast! You could make a ton of them and sell them at a craft fair or on Etsy.

I know, easy to say...

Annie said...

Incredible! You are constantly amazing me with your cheap designer knock offs. Hello Kitty would be dang proud.

Debbie said...

very creative kitty!

Anonymous said...

Hello Kitty would be so proud.

And this means nothing coming from me, in fact it's probably an insult because I have such bad taste, but I really like how your shirt turned out. Don't think I could ever pull it off myself, but I'd love to try.

angela hardison said...

how do you have the time... the shirt looks really great!

christy said...

Way cute! Especially for 6 bucks! That is my kind of deal. The 2nd j.crew tee is my fav of theirs & yours is pretty close!

Amanda said...

Both ideas are Super Cute!

Rebecca said...

completely fabulous shirt...you are amazing!!

Courtney Vance said...

Ha ha, that is so funny. I know where you can get an economy size box of dum-dums for $20, it would last you 5 years but your kids would probably find it and tear through it in an hour. That would not be fun for you.

I love the shirt. Your creative dyi stuff always make me think, I should re-evaluate how I spend my money. You always look hot. Hope to see you soon. Love ya mama.

Busy Bee Lauren said...

That is the most amazing thing ever! Way better than the J. Crew ones!

You inspire me.

☂niki. said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the shirt!!!

brentanderrin said...

i love your tshirt... it turned out so cute!

yes, i am in mesa... for now... at least until brent finishes his schooling with the marines...

i would be honored if you found a vintage garment bag while you were out... let me know...

Dayka Robinson said...

LOVE that shirt! great job.