Friday, May 22, 2009

Toothpaste or Kefir



I think there are some of my kids who wish the above were on the menu @ the restaurant de la Full House. I intercepted all three of these delicious tubes of toothpaste within a matter of an hour. How they are getting their hands on this stuff is beyond me. To try and kick them of their toothpaste habit I introduced them to Kefir and not as in Sutherland. I'm pretty sure that was the trick that helped them to forget about the toothpaste. Have you ever had Kefir?  If not, you really should because it's quite tasty and apparently it is a miracle drink.  Actually besides it tasting good I really wouldn't know about its health promises and I was half way joking about the miracle drink part but if you believe google then the below are some of the things it had to say:

The benefits of consuming kefir regularly in the diet according to Kefir.net
Easily digested, it cleanses the intestines, provides beneficial bacteria and yeast, vitamins and minerals, and complete proteins. Because kefir is such a balanced and nourishing food, it contributes to a healthy immune system and has been used to help patients suffering from AIDS, chronic fatigue syndrome, herpes, and cancer. Its tranquilizing effect on the nervous system has benefited many who suffer from sleep disorders, depression, and ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder). 

The regular use of kefir can help relieve all intestinal disorders, promote bowel movement, reduce flatulence and create a healthier digestive system. In addition, its cleansing effect on the whole body helps to establish a balanced inner ecosystem for optimum health and longevity.

Kefir can also help eliminate unhealthy food cravings by making the body more nourished and balanced. Its excellent nutritional content offers healing and health-maintenance benefits to people in every type of condition.

I wonder if Kefir will help my little girl sleep in every morning......

         

Then we were eating dinner I was trying to sell the idea to the kids on why they should eat all of their dinner. "If you eat all of your dinner you will have lots of energy to go to Disneyland" or "If you eat all of your food you will grow big and strong like Momma & Daddy". Then my little girl said, "If I eat all my dinner will I grow a big tummy like you too?" Hmmm....I really wasn't ever offended by her question but it all made sense especially after I saw her playing Mommy with her baby doll.  I will forever be honored to have her refer to my big tummy because I think she thinks that anything that has to do with Mom is A-1.  We'll just let her keep thinking that way.  Although I do have to say I think she just came programmed with mothering instincts.


13 comments:

Whitney said...

Oh precious maren! She so wants to be a mommy. She will be a good one someday thats for sure. But I think she will have to learn how you feed your baby without a bottle. That seems to be the question she asks everytime she sees me feed Presley. Love her. I will have to try Kefir.

Jami said...

seriously, I LOVE Kefir! I first heard about it in my nutrition class a couple of semesters ago. I buy the peach "lowfat" kind. I think it tastes amazing. Now that you mention it, I do think it cuts back on craving for bad food.

sherry said...

"Kefir can also help eliminate unhealthy food cravings by making the body more nourished and balanced" Where was this stuff when my pregnancies made me crave dirt?;)

Debbie said...

like mommy like daughter!! although i would say that maile got her mom's love of dressing up. fun to see which traits they seem to have that are so similar to yours and waylon's.
ps( since you have been using keifer for awhile now, what's your verdict on it's benefits?)

Cheryl said...

Kefir sounds like smething I could use right now. I have been eating too much chocolate and I know I shouldn't do it! Love the wallpaper and the beautiful picture of you and Annie!

stepforddreams said...

We don't have this here in Australia but maybe it is like Yakult. I can't stand the stuff but some people swear by it! Loving your blog, gave you a little blog award on my blog on my fri 22 may post. x

Courtney Vance said...

Where do you get this stuff? Can I get it at Good Earth?

Erin said...

Where on earth do you find these things!?! I love it! I'm all about sneaking little goodies in wherever I can. Love these posts. P.S. love the wallpaper too!! Thanks for the tip on the bench too!! So funny, I've never been in a Marshall's apparently I need to make a trip!

Anonymous said...

Where do you buy Kefir?

Shannon said...

I think I had it in Blueberry a long time ago. Boy oh boy do I need some Kefir. I'll have to get some the next time I'm out. It's summer and making smoothies outta this stuff would be a real treat. Not to mention get me through the day.
Thanks for the reminder.
-Shannon in Austin :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the blog comment! I do shop Whole Foods & Trader Joes occasionally - I will certainly look for Kefir next time I'm out! Keep blogging, I love your entries. I found you through the Wilkinson's blog. It's fun reading about other people's multiples adventures!

Annie said...

Wow, I'd never heard of Kefir before. Leave it to Chrissy to discovery a healthy beverage for the kiddos. So is it like drinkable yogurt?

Annie said...

P.S. What big tummy? Is that your way of saying you are pregnant? I think not. Mar-Bear is such a little mommy. She certainly came that way.
I think I need to use your tactics at the dinner table instead of my bribery with popsicles.