- I gave away my kitchen table to one of my favorite people but didn't have the replacement quite ready so I bought a filler from Craigslist for $30. Yes it is a brass octagonal table and my husband is so bothered by it..I kind of like it.
- Trying to pick paint colors for my bedroom next to my sucka thumb boy.
- We have hit a new frontier with the boys going to preschool. I have really enjoyed my few hours while they have been away. At first it was weird because all I have known is having many small children at home at all times. Don't worry I quickly learned how to transition though.
- We painted a crazy black cactus with watercolors so that we could hang it in the boys' room. I like to call their room a fusion between Arizona and a gentleman.
- The girls are at school all day now but I have been able to go and have lunch with them a few times. Just trying to win the coolest Mom award..until I really lost that award after I brought the triplets and the volunteer lunch lady had to come and clean up their spills twice.
- It is too hot to play outside but somehow my kids do not seem too concerned about dehydration and red faces. They even get all dressed up so that they can go outside and become one with sweat. At least they look cute.
- And as always I learned it is pretty good to have kids so that they can teach us how to really live. Everything is a celebration in their eyes. I made the most plain and boring muffins but the girls insisted on putting the party cupcake gear (fairy dancer sticks) into them to make them prettier. At first I objected but then conceded...they were right. I think it even made the muffins taste better.
- Oh and one of my kids is kind of bothering me...the little stinker (good thing he is do darn cute;-). I am sure I will get over it soon but I had to report him lost in the store the other day and then today he hung onto the germ ridden railings on the outside of the escalator and did not let go as he hung on for dear life with two hands...his legs were left dangling...all while he kept raising up higher and higher..he didn't dare let go for fear of falling. It was quite a sight and caused quite a stir as he hung there while screaming. I almost started laughing at the sight but probably would have looked like the worlds worst mother. Finally a couple of older folk who were riding on the escalator reached over the side and pulled him to safety. Wait now that I think about it this same boy at this same store set off the fire alarm because he didn't listen to me as I told him to turn around and not go out that door...if I recall they had a hard time turning off the alarm and it was loud as it should be in times of fire.
Here is to an unbothered weekend...everyone of us.