Friday, July 23, 2010

Sedona

Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket


The kids & I set out to go and see an old Indian settlement in the side of the mountain called Montezuma Castle. We left when the thermometer in the car read straight up 100 degrees in hopes to find a place that would be no more than 85. I had forgotten to check the weather before I left so as we approached our final destination the heavy rain and 65 degrees came as a surprise even during monsoon season. My wind shield wipers were the most surprised as one couldn't take the pressure and flew off into the streets that aligned with the red dirt. It was turning out to be quite the adventure but I didn't want it to be a total loss so we went over to Sedona for dinner, just the kids & I. It was pleasant and everybody tried their best to mind their manners. After all we only received one dirty look when a couple kids started ripping the vegetation to shreds and throwing it into the fountain. We moved on. We always seem to move on quickly..no linger longers because that is when trouble starts to set in.

On the way home I talked to my sister who said she thought I was getting crazier as time advanced. I thought to myself, "Well I did get hit in the head really hard the previous day". Everything worked out though but know I am left to dream about that same rain making its way to the place where I reside. Nothing better than desert rain. Also nothing better than the time that I have to spend with bustling children who are strapped into their seats. I really love them.

16 comments:

Amanda said...

you never cease to amaze me. (really.) :)

jeanette from everton terrace said...

The smell of our desert after it rains is one of my most favorite - few things compare. I used to live in Sedona and my parents still do - can't think of a better way to spend a day!

Kara @ Mine for the Making said...

We live in Arizona and our favorite times are when it rains. We also LOVE taking day trips to Sedona. It's beautiful. Have you ever tried Slide Rock?

Sandy said...

I've been to Arizona several times but not Sedona.. looks like a really nice place to visit! Love the Red Rocks...
So glad you enjoyed your time there!
Sandy
thewondersofdoing@blogspot.com

the brunette said...

if i can be half as glamorous as you when i am a mother then i will have succeeded in life...

Mande said...

Christina- how do you do it? You always look so fabulous, and with 5 kids in tow. I am in awe of you. Love the pictures!!

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

What beautiful pictures! Looks amazing.

Happy weekend!

nest of posies said...

look at all that beautiful tile. i miss seeing all those beautiful colors in tile!
i totally agree with all the other comments...you always looks so glamorous & those kids are just so stickin cute!

ChYmEc!nDy** said...

You have a nice blog.

angela | the painted house said...

Polka dots and baubles...you make crazy so pretty. :)

Unknown said...

five kids, and still amazingly chic! :) thanks for posting these awesome pics.

Morgan said...

I love it! We are in Sedona this week enjoying the beautiful red rock country... and we just checked out Montezuma's Castle on Friday. It's beautiful up here!

Morgan @ PDB

Laura said...

I love that you pack up the kiddos and go on adventures. You're one awesome mama.

Henley on the Horn said...

I'm so impressed that you're in Sedona with all of yoru children!!!

Unknown said...

how did I miss this post? We love Sedona, my parents have a home in AZ and we love to visit. My dad and I have a photo sitting on that exact same fountain in that lovely little shopping/restaurant area. We ate at the cutest restaurant there...sat outside. It was loveley!

Rachel {polkadots and puppies} said...

Christina you look FAB! And I NEED your cardigan. Pretty please tell me where you got it. Thanks!