Wednesday, October 20, 2010

birthday treats

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket

May I present the above as the aftermath of one of the most celebrated days in our home. For without the birth of my husband I would not be married to him..(pretty profound). For some reason when I am focused on making a cake for him I can really feel the love.

The annual "love cake" was a salted caramel chocolate cake and was supposed to look like this (same place where the recipe resides). It was a very sophisticated & rich cake. I didn't think the kids would have liked it, but the bittersweet frosting did not keep them away from partaking of it. I thought it was very tasty but recommend doubling or tripling the salted caramel recipe because there was not even close to the amount needed to have the cake look like it did in the picture. Last year the love cake was this and still ranks as one my top favorite cakes.

9 comments:

angela | the painted house said...

YUM! Happy birthday to the man of the house. Making cake is serious stuff around here, too. I'm sure you have helpers, too. :)

MerciBlahBlah said...

GUH. Must....have....caaaaake.....seriously mamacita - that looks SO SO good. I am going to try it.

Mwah!
Shan

Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

oh wow Christina, I want a piece now!! looks delicious, and just earlier I was looking for salted choc recipes!!
Happy birthday to your hubby!! xoxo

Kiran said...

Awww....Happy Birthday, Mr. Full House!

KC

Crockett Family said...

my husbands birthday is on the 20th too.. Happy Birthday to our husbands.

Christie describeHappy said...

Aww a love cake.. fantastic!! You are second person to talk about Sweet Paul's chocolate carmel cake... I think I will have to make one -- so tempting!! Happy Birthday to your hubs!

Laura said...

That looks seriously amazing!! He's one lucky birthday man!

Banki said...

Nice happy birthday picture, my friend. These pieces are perfect for the topic. Appreciate you for sharing this beautiful post. I love these birthday cakes too.

Lorrie Wish said...

I think that happy birthday messagethis looks fascinating! Thanks for sharing.