Friday, March 16, 2012

HI from New Mexico

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket

Some refer to New Mexico as the "Land of Enchantment". I'd say I myself was pretty enchanted when we found a place that advises against wearing shoes. In the barren southern part of New Mexico there exists a place called White Sands. The sand was unreal and if it would have been cold it may have tricked us into thinking it was snow. I liked the fact that the sand was so soft and I noticed when we left we didn't take much of it with us in the car..which was a bonus (sand residue brought into our car and home is not so much a favey of mine). To think we would have never experienced it if we didn't decide at the last minute to fill our spring break with a little road trip. We enjoyed ourselves so much that we will most certainly go and explore more of what New Mexico has to offer.

Have you been to New Mexico? Did you like it?

Anyway I just wanted to check in quickly before our spring break comes to a close. I will be back to blogging next week.

Hope you all our are doing more than fine.

The kids didn't take a hint when I told them to go and find their own sand hill. Sheesh I just wanted some time for peace and meditation....Ohm...can't believe there was a time when I thought I'd have zero kids. From the looks of the below picture it seems that I lost my legs before I lost my mind...PHEW....I still have my mind.
I smiled when the elevator door opened at the Space History Museum in Alamogordo, NM and the very small kid waiting to board exclaimed very loudly "whoa that's a lot of kids". Sometimes I almost forget....except then I really don't because they are in my face....AND just maybe at times they can be fun.
Photobucket

25 comments:

Unknown said...

Christina - it looks so much fun and your photos are beautiful. New Mexico IS enchanting. Santa Fe, Taos. I went skiing at Angel Fire as a kid but would love to go back and really explore.

Lynda @ Happenstance Home said...

I love your photo's. The sand looks like so much fun. It does look like snow in some of your shots. I love your dress. You find the most unique and stylish clothes. Have a great rest of your trip with your adorable family.

Anonymous said...

Hey, you're in my neck of the woods! My husband and I live in Las Cruces! He's stationed at the missile range. The white sand is so beautiful as is much of the scenery around here.

Katie Waddell said...

How stinkin cute is your family!!?!?! What a fun trip!

Rooster said...

You got some terrific photos. I love, love, love them. I want to go there just to take portraits. Awesome place. Glad you were able to break in the new wheels. :)

Rooster said...

Oh and that was Annie btw.

Jen @ RamblingRenovators said...

I love these photos! It looks like you're walking on your own little planet.

Whitney said...

Your pictures are awesome!!

Unknown said...

You are the most fabulous mommy I ever did see. That dress! And of course now I'm itching to head to New Mexico... one of thirteen states our family hasn't seen! Have a wonderful weekend :)

Mary Ann Pickett said...

So precious and lovely.

Alcira Molina-Ali said...

Beauty, delight, wonder…and through it all you remain ever the goddess of multiple motherhood.
Enjoy the sandy snow.
Cheers, Alcira

nerochronicles.com

onehm said...

LOVE these photos! Just beautiful!

Debbie said...

Love those pictures!!! Are those kiddos cute or what??

MerciBlahBlah said...

Love. These. Photos. It's like you're on the moon. Soooo cool. Also, dress - vintage? KEYOOT. What'd ya decide about your t.t. - did you set a date yet? Give me a call if you have anymore questions - I'm happy to talk to you (and plan a road-trip out with Gina - hee hee...)

mwah!
Shan

Jordan G. said...

I love White Sands! We had our wedding portraits taken there the day after our El Paso wedding, and I will always cherish them!

angela | the painted house said...

Oh, so otherworldly! Lovely photos in beautiful light.

I love NM and hope to go back soon...it's where I learned how to ski as a lass.

Eva said...

I'm dying of jealousy over your dress.

christy said...

Love that dress & the photos are beautiful!

We are going to NM after school is out for the year, cannot wait!

Cassimus T said...

hi! new to your blog, and love it- I am obsessing over your dress in these pictures...could you tell me where you found it??

Cassimus T said...

hi! new to your blog, and love it- I am obsessing over your dress in these pictures...could you tell me where you found it??

European Paint Finishes said...

Looks like you found your way around NM just fine! What a fun mama you are. I've never been here but now after seeing these perfect-for-Christmas-card pictures am thinking we'll have to make our way through there when heading to Colorado for our summer trip. I ♥ NM. Thanks for the fun post! xo

Full House said...

Hi Cassimus..Hi and welcome to the blog. Loved getting your comment and wished I could point you in a direction as to where you get that dress. I actually bought it as a vintage piece from Ebay.

Laura said...

New Mexico looks amazing! One of these days I'd love to see the Hot Air Balloon Festival.

Michaela said...

Such a beautiful family, Christina! Love these photos...the jumping ones are darling. Glad you had fun!!

Samantha said...

What great photos. And such a cool-looking spot.