Thursday, December 30, 2010

simple pleasures

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Right now life is so good because of a little hot chocolate, novelty weather and observing kids getting to pet the stringrays for the first time. It's funny that sometimes it is those little things that are most satisfying.

I love that Dutch Brothers makes hot chocolate for kids that is not too hot and comes equipped with whipped cream on top of the straw. We are going back for more today for sure. Weaning oneself off of sugar is over-rated, right? Except if I was being honest I never felt better when I stopped eating sugar for a spell a little over a year ago.

Have a happy last couple of days in 2010.

P.S. - For the few of you wanting to see the squash blossom necklace, there you go. It's a handcrafted beaut if I do say so myself. Bonus points to the husband for pulling off one of the biggest surprises.

15 comments:

Christie O'Reilly said...

Girl, I think you need to start including a weekly post of your fashion style in 2011! You dress absolutely adorable! I wish I had an eye to put stuff together!

That's my 2011 request :)

angela hardison said...

hot chocolate and the weather yesterday = perfect.

i'm thinking about going no sugar again...

Aimee's Family Journal said...

Wow! I think that sweet lil Waylon of yours knows you like no body else. How beautiful. I know you are the biggest lover of turquoise. So glad you got what you loved for Christmas!

bluehydrangea said...

Love your squash blossom! I have one that is big and old and makes me happy every time I wear it!!

Erin said...

That hot chocolate is the cutest thing I have ever seen! I MUST find some!

~Grace Happens~ said...

you are one STYLISH momma I tell ya! LOVE that necklace and belt. that hot chocolate is the sweetest thing! but the pic of your kids is my fave. how FUN for them! happy 2011 friend! xoxoxo

Unknown said...

A very Happy New Year to you!!! xo

Shannon said...

Merry New year! My mother has a squash blossom necklace that she has owned since the 70's. It's a very valuable piece and she gets stopped all the time when she wears it. My aunt used to own a shop in Sapulpa, OK named Mister Indian. She bought a lot of silver and stones from the Cherokees and she also specialized in rodeo queen outfits and custom made, hand beaded belts. Her things were unbelievable.

Heidi said...

just wanted to say I love your blog- inspiring!
Lovefrom chilly Canada :)

Heidi said...

just wanted to say I love your blog- inspiring!
Lovefrom chilly Canada :)

Lynda @ Happenstance Home said...

Happy New Year! I love that photo of your kids with the stingrays - what a fun experience! Your necklace and outfit are fabulous. You are so good at putting things together!

angela | the painted house said...

GAHWgeous! What a sweet hubby. :)

Sarah Marie Kathleen said...

I have been reading your blog for awhile now and was super excited to see a dutch bros coffee cup. You must live somewhat near me :) I can't get enough of their ice kickers. My husband used to work at one and our good friends own one as well. Yay for DB :)

Thanks for entertaining me in the mornings :)

Unknown said...

Property Organization (an agency of the UN),
ترميم
كشف تسربات المياه
عزل مائي
نقل اثاث
رش مبيدات
شركة تنظيف بالرياض
شركة العالمية للخدمات المنزلية
ترميم المنازل
كشف تسربات
نقل عفش


has an arbitration and mediation center for domain

محمد عصام said...

alaamiah
alaamiah
alaamiah
alaamiah
alaamiah
alaamiah
alaamiah
alaamiah
alaamiah
alaamiah