Friday, December 3, 2010

{fullness in my heart}

I'm having a moment.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
I wonder if my girls will ever know that sometimes after I drop them off at school or at the bus stop I wait there for a couple of minutes and marvel in my love for them as I watch them on the playground or driving off on the bus.

Who knows maybe they will read what I wrote someday and will totally understand why I do what I do because they will be doing the same things..but hopefully better.

I love that fullness in the heart kind of feeling...
and when I don't have to work hard to have those feelings..
because lets face it, sometimes those sort of feelings take work..
A LOT of work...if you know what I mean.

P.S. - I almost forgot to mention that when I was brushing Maile's "ratsies" out before school she turned and looked at me and declared in all of her huffy puffy glory, "My hair is not a fan of all of this brushing". To that I say good thing there is not such thing as Hairbook (or was that Facebook) so that she didn't feel the pressure to become a fan or something.

9 comments:

The Wizzle said...

Yes, I know exactly what you mean.

Unknown said...

I too know exacty what you mean! There is something about seeing them walk away with their cute little backpack on. Time goes too fast!

Elsie said...

love that feeling. I was just staring at one of Wyatt's little photos yesterday in awe of my love for him! Have a great weekend....Julie

annie7 said...

Love this! As a mother of two brilliant, gorgeous adult children I totally get it! When my now 29 year old son went to kindergarten for the first time, I came home, sat on the porch swing and wrote a poem about letting go.

~M~ said...

So sweet!

Alcira Molina-Ali said...

So lovely -- children elicit such complex, overpowering feelings.
Alcira

nerochronicles.com

Unknown said...

Your mornings sound so similar to ours in many many ways!:)

Taylor Renee said...

Your family is so cute! I shared your blog with a friend who loves interior design but the first thing that caught her eye was that ADORABLE new family photo.

P.S. Check out my giveaway ... maybe something your girls would love! http://trimmedandtaylored.blogspot.com/2010/12/giveaway-in-wonderland.html

Laura said...

Love this post!
Mothers loving their kids so much it hurts - I don't ever want that hurt to go away. :-)