Sunday, July 10, 2011

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Doesn't everything look as perfect as rainbows and cherries...well almost. Not pictured are all of the times I told my kids I was going to pull off the road to paddle their little hineys if they didn't quit the teasing, the whining, the kicking, the pinching and oh yes lets not forget the biting incident. Now I wouldn't want to go discounting any of the 4 different rainbows I saw in one day but we already know that life ain't no bowl of cherries, right? Ok great, because with that being said our life of summer around Grandma and Papa's small town overall hasn't been too shabby. Well if you don't count the fact that I can't find a House Beautiful, Elle Decor, Veranda or Architectural Digest. Seriously I scoured the town up and down Main Street and beyond only to find the likings of publications only put out by Better Homes and Gardens and maybe a Country Living if one was lucky. Finally at my last stop which happened to be the Big K I decided to use the money I would have spent on two magazines to buy a dress...and I feel good about it. I also feel good about slowing down and not really having any set plans. That is why if you notice we were some of the best dressed with flip flops on a hiking trail at Capitol Reef. I didn't know what I had gotten myself into but when we got to Capital Reef we just let the adventure unfold. It rained on and off but we had to see the Indian writings (that is what my girls call the petroglyphs). Before we had left I had purchased the girls their own disposable camera so that they could really get into seeing the beauty of our adventure..and it seemed to work. I love that we all were able to get out on foot and safely hike the two miles that it took to see things that were not right off the side of the road. I love even more that Maren thought the modern day writings into the rock were ancient petroglyphs..she was so excited that she busted out the camera to document. It was hard for me to break it to her that Eric + Monique were not ancient history..well probably they really were but you know what I mean. Anyway we are alive..even without much internet usage..I know hard to believe.




Hope you all are well and can't wait to catch up. Can't say when I will update the blog again but I will be back.




xx

26 comments:

Whitney said...

Come home! I miss you. Beautiful picture Christina!

Caroline said...

I love love LOVE your white tee and fabulous pants outfit! Please share where those pants are from!!! xoxo

Naomi@DesignManifest said...

Awe! I can only imagine what it's like with 5 energetic kids in a car. Enjoy those rainbows :)

Unknown said...

Gorgeous photos. Capitol Reef is an amazing place and I love that you and your kids let the adventure unfold!

Cathy @ Room Rx

jamie @ [kreyv] said...

You and your family are so beautiful! Looks like you are having a great time!

Laura said...

LOVE the photos. The rainbows are insanely beautiful. I wish I was a stylish mama like yourself - you look fabulous. Your post had me laughing out loud. Now, every time I see I see a Eric + Monique or similar, I will think of your sweet one documenting ancient history. Ah the funnies our kiddos do. I love it!!
PS - I'm planning an Arizona excursion, I think September. :-)

Unknown said...

Great photos! The rainbows are amazing! I love your pants too!!

angela | the painted house said...

So happy that you survived the trip--and in style! I do hope the sight of the double/quadruple rainbows elicited at least one tear or "what does this mean?"

We, too, have that green stripe dress but sadly no groovy swingy pants like that for mama. :( Looking good!

nest of posies said...

always the stylish christina, even on a hike. but my oh my how you keep things real. ;)

you definitely know how to document that beautiful part of the country you're in. amazing, gorgeous photos, as always.

i guess you spent the gold you found at the end of the rainbows on your new dress?
;)
xoxo
kellie

Unknown said...

HA - I love it. Sounds like you are having a great time. And you've captured your stay so well with your photographs.

Aimee's Family Journal said...

Christina. How precious is that picture of all the kids standing together holding hands. It just about made me cry! I love seeing how much your kids obviously love each other. That was just so cute! And I am so happy for you, that you are getting to a place where vacation, with the kids is fun!

Mrs. Pancakes said...

what a beautiful family!

Debbie said...

As usual, you have captured the kids, scenery and beauty in a perfectly beautiful way. Love all of the pictures. You have a great eye for it all!!

Tamara said...

My first stop over.
Your family is gorgeous.
And that rainbow!!!!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful place!!

Geezees Custom Canvas Art said...

Gorgeous photos, it looks beautiful where you are!!

Jamie Herzlinger said...

Fabulous photos, the car trip sounds great even with all the incidents!
Have a great holiday!
Jamie Herzlinger

nest of posies said...

i miss you. come back already.

xo
kellie

Unknown said...

looks spectacular! Hope you are enjoying your summer :)

Keely said...

Great pictures! Looks like so much fun :-) And thank you for the brutal honesty in regards to the car rides. So often I feel like MY kids are the only ones who argue and make car rides difficult! It's nice to know that other mama's need earplugs too :-)

H.G. The Countess said...

You are looking quite chic on your summer vacation!

Dayka Robinson said...

i was thinking about you today and had to come check the blog b/c i know it's not like yo to be gone so long! email if you'd like me to send yo some mags--i know you're probably back home by now--sorry i didn't realize you were on vacay sooner b/c i would've offered then!

you know where to find me!

angela hardison said...

i miss your blogging!

Full House said...

Caroline - Thanks for your comment. The pants are from Free People and the little white tee is from target...I think only 7 dollars.

Full House said...

Everybody else, thank you for missing me...made me feel good.

Zane Wooder said...

I'm in love with the pictures of the rainbow. You also have a beautiful family.

-Zane of ontario honey